• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 01:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 504
Total: 505

So what is in your aquariums?

Started by pashley, January 30, 2016, 08:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pashley

i thought since it has been a while since i've been here i would find out what everyone is keeping and breeding in their tanks.

me, i have around 20-30 tanks set up most of the time. sizes are around 10 gallons to 125 gallons. i have angelfish, bushynose, guppies, corys, least killies, purple endlers, blue rams, otto's, pygmy cories, gold white clouds, cherry barbs, glowlights, swordtails, platies, leopard danios, kribs, firemouthws, and so on. always looking for other stuff to keep and breed.

once i get things organized in my hatchery i will probably be breaking up my pairs and selling some of my older angels and getting new stock in. i need to sort all the babies i have and sell them also. i also have some nice purple guppies i want to work on and searching for female bn. i have lots of males but only 1 mature female.

i would love to know what all of you keep and breed or just what is going on in your aquariums.  what plans you might have for the future or what kinds of fish you want to try getting and keeping.

mim mim mim mim

LizStreithorst

I have a ton of Angels, a 100 with some promising Pigeon Blood Discus, a ton of worthless Pearl Gourmies that I can hardly give away free for the price of shipping, and a 60 with guppies that I thought I would enjoy but don't.  My project is turning my Half Black Angels in to Blue Half Blacks.  No joy yet with the F2's but I am persistent.
Always move forward. Never look back.

pashley

discus, love them but don't have the patience for them. they come in so many colors. i love the pearl gouramis, we can't really get them here where i am at. i would love some half black angels, to. lol, i am such  a die hard, i want them all.

Mugwump

Still angels here, with some varieties of BN's...a few strains of guppies, and trying Synodontis Petricolas....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

A bunch of Angels varieties, Corie's, BNs (common, albino, L144, L183 Starlight), Guppies and some wilds (Altum, Mega Clowns L340).
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Danios, Devarios, Tanichthys, Oh My!  Plecos, Ottos, and Cories too.  Small group of Honduran Red Points.....

Dennis

ilroost

All African cichlids here. A big group of  Frontosa's,Tanzanian purple acei,White tail acei's and Albino Taiwan reef

Ron Sower

Community tank with Ember Tetras, Vietnamese White Clouds, Long-Finned White Clouds, Sterbai corys, Panda corys, Odessa barbs, a rubbber lip pleco and several BN's, and a couple more more I can't think ATM.
5G with pair of Fundulopanchax Gardnerii, and Chili Rasboras.
5G with Cherry Red Shrimp.

All 3 tanks are heavily planted and, when we're in any state of normalcy around this place, I fertilize daily on the Seachem plan. I don't even remember what normal is these days so it is haphazard fertilizing these days. I can tell it in the appearance of my plants too...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BillT

Danios, Devarios, Tanichthys, and two kinds of Platies.

PaulineMi

Angels, discus, celestial pearl danios, pentazona barbs, chain loach, sumo loaches, plecos, pristella tetra, danio choprae, sterbai cory, tons of assassin snails, cherry shrimp and Amano shrimp.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

I only have two tanks running.  One is a 155 discus tank. It has 12 discus 5 loaches lots of cory cats and bn's.
The second tank has been my personal baby and a nice project. It a 40b that I drilled and made a mixed reef tank. I have lps and sps corals two retarded ocellaris clowns, coral beauty, and a scooter blenny.  I also have a 180 rr bow front that will some day be a mixed reef. But for now it sits empty. 
Scott

sschind

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 31, 2016, 06:35:42 AM
Danios, Devarios, Tanichthys, Oh My!  Plecos, Ottos, and Cories too.  Small group of Honduran Red Points.....

Dennis

That's a purdy fish right there Dennis 

One Captain Bob's first successful spawns if I am remembering things right.  He was all excited when he finally tracked down 2 sources or HRPs.  I saw a picture in TFH magazine and to be honest I was not impressed at all but hey, he was kinda new and I didn't want to discourage him by saying his new fish were ugly so I just went along with a casual "oh yeah, they're nice" 

Then he comes in one day and says they have spawned and once again not wanting to rain on his parade I was all "Oh, cool, that's nice" 

A while later he comes in and says they are ready to go how many do I want.  So I'm stuck now.  He's a proud fish papa and I'm the guy looking at the picture of his ugly kid trying to think of something nice to say without getting stuck with any so I decide to come clean. 

"I've seen pictures Bob and to be honest I'm not that impressed"

Rather than looking like someone who just had his favorite fish dissed by a friend he says "I'll be right back"

He leaves and comes back with a picture of his colored up breeding male.  All I could say was "wow" and something like "I'll take a dozen"

I had a pair spawn for me a few times but they always ate the babies before they could become free swimming.  Eventually I sold off the pair but it wouldn't take much to get me to set up a tank and try them again.  They are one of my favorite South/Central Americans right up there with the Sajicas.

Sorry to Hijack the thread.  On point I only have one tank, a 40 breeder salt water primordial ooze evolutionary experiment with 2 true percula clowns and a little purple lobster in there somewhere.

All my other tanks have lizards or snakes or bugs.

I do like the HRP though.  Maybe a double stack with a pair of HRPs on top and some sajicas on the bottom a few choice plecos and group of petricolas.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

pashley

wow, lots of variety. i am loving it. i think i need to make a wish list..... i brought home 6 clown loaches today, one of my all time favs. i had a customer come in today at work saying her plecos? laid eggs and they have hatched and asked me if i wanted them......of course i said yes. so i will have something new tomorrow. i think they are bn, but she wasn't sure.  :)

Mugwump

Quote from: pashley on February 01, 2016, 01:00:29 AM
wow, lots of variety. i am loving it. i think i need to make a wish list..... i brought home 6 clown loaches today, one of my all time favs. i had a customer come in today at work saying her plecos? laid eggs and they have hatched and asked me if i wanted them......of course i said yes. so i will have something new tomorrow. i think they are bn, but she wasn't sure.  :)

...good score on the BN's.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

pashley

i thought so. lots of them to grow out now