• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 02:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

New Years eve....

Started by Mugwump, December 31, 2015, 06:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We'll be staying home, maybe having a pizza, etc, watch some movies??...........what's every one else doing for New Years eve
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I wish I could stay home. Last year I had the grands down from NYC. I have no excuse this year. Babysitting the fish didn't work. huh

She did volunteer to help with my water changes when I come back. I told her to just do the water changes on the tank I gave her and that would be enough. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Tonight is the 45th anniversary of our first date, got married 7 weeks later :-*
Out for dinner tonight and then right back home to see the ball drop.  Happy New Year to you all!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Home sweet home for me.  Four days off in a row, same as last week.  I could get used to this, but I won't allow myself to.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

.....settled in we are now.....fish go nite-nite....the boys have had there little treats.....so now I'm kicked back relaxing..... |^| w!w |^|.... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Football baby. #4 Oklahoma was favored, but there's a reason Clemson is ranked #1.  Next up, #2 Alabama vs #3 MSU.  Should make midnight without any problems.  LOL

Dennis

b125killer

I'm babysitting the fish! I am watching the discus as they are watching me. There all in front literally watching me. Maybe there babysitting me? Lol ;D
Scott

b125killer

See watching me watch them.
Scott

Mugwump

...very nice.............enjoy |^| w!w |^|
Jon

b125killer

I need to get new lighting for this tank. The discus that look dark is a result of poor lights. I'm not really sure how the plants are growing.  I'm just not sure if I want to replace the bulbs or get leds.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on December 31, 2015, 07:43:27 PM
I need to get new lighting for this tank. The discus that look dark is a result of poor lights. I'm not really sure how the plants are growing.  I'm just not sure if I want to replace the bulbs or get leds.

the choice is subdued, or bright....?
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2015, 07:44:47 PM
Quote from: b125killer on December 31, 2015, 07:43:27 PM

the choice is subdued, or bright....?

...altho the right LED would make the colors pop...
Jon

b125killer

It will be bright. I'm just not sure i want to shell out the dough for leds. I know they have dropped in price but for plant leds there still pretty high. To replace the t5 it's  $50. It's going on a year without replaceing them and it's showing there age.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I noticed that the BD's looked dark and I could see that they were healthy.  If I were you I would get LEDs.  I need to get them too but they are not yet high enough on my list but they are at least on my list.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I'm about in the same place. I know the lighting is bad, l'll probably replace the bulbs. It's about the cost, it's going to cost  2 to 4 hundred depending on leds. It's the down side to planting a big tanks.
Scott