• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 06:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 418
Total: 418

Social Security

Started by LizStreithorst, September 14, 2015, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I will get in in 2 months.  Imagine that?  I never gave it much thought until I got the letter in the mail.  Even if I collect on mine it would be $723. a month.  I was told a long time ago that I could collect on my deceased husband's.  He got the max amount.  I will still work, but most of my customers pay me in cash anyway.  I just need enough in the bank to pay my bills.

This is too cool.  I've gotten so used to doing for myself that I'm blown over.  Sometimes I had money, sometimes not.  I always adjusted my spending to my fiscal position.  Suddenly, out of the good graces of the government, I will get money simply for being 65 years old.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2015, 02:11:38 PM
I will get in in 2 months.  Imagine that?  I never gave it much thought until I got the letter in the mail.  Even if I collect on mine it would be $723. a month.  I was told a long time ago that I could collect on my deceased husband's.  He got the max amount.  I will still work, but most of my customers pay me in cash anyway.  I just need enough in the bank to pay my bills.

This is too cool.  I've gotten so used to doing for myself that I'm blown over.  Sometimes I had money, sometimes not.  I always adjusted my spending to my fiscal position.  Suddenly, out of the good graces of the government, I will get money simply for being 65 years old.

....and Medicare too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yeah, I've gotten sick and tired of people sending me things in the mail about medicare.  I know that I need to buy a supplement but I haven't looked into it because I was inundated by companies wanting my money.  Pissed me off.  Which one do most of y'all old folks use? 

Only a couple of months until I'm officially old.  Life is grand ;D

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2015, 02:11:38 PM

Liz, 65 isn't old by any stretch.

And you're not getting money for simply being at the right age. It's your money to start with. You paid in.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I'm not old.  I actually think that I'm kinda hot for my age.  According the government I'm old.  That's fine with me ;D

GeorgeG

When you turn 65 don't run and take it check all your options you could get more from your husbands account

big b

Ha 65 old, there are people living to be over a hundred. Knowing you, you will probably live to be over a hundred.

John Patakos

i have been collecting my social security for a while now.i use AARP United Health Care.so far it has proven to be pretty reasonable.although there are some meds such as stuff for Asthma that it doesn't help with much.
at least it isn't quite so costly to me between now and the time i croak.but the croaking is what will put you in ruins.

Mugwump

I've been on Medicare for almost 6 yrs now....we only got our supplement coverage after Jan retired a couple years back. Shop around for your supplement because where you live can be a rate factor too.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Liz, we have United through AARP. Working well for us.

And definitely check to see if you can get more through your late husband's social security account. You both have sweated and put money into the account and you deserve to get the full amount you're entitled to.

And, yes, this is a true entitlement. Not welfare. You saved through the guvment program for your health care in later years.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron