• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 08:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 404
Total: 404

Soundesign Stereo mod S2201

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2015, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Our son Matt was helping a friend move today. The guy had this old Stereo/AMFM small console unit that was his Dad's......It's not top of the line by any means....but it's mint and everything works so far.....has the 'flip' style stylus selector on the tone arm.....plays 33/45/78's...haven't tried any vinyl yet. ..he tossed in some LP's too....amongst them....an original Elvis 'Blue Hawaii' album...the first James Gang album before 'Walk Away' ...some very early Alabama, Willie, and Waylon too....LOL...some early Seeger...and others.....I was looking over the cabinet mfg plates, etc.....this puppy has 355 watts...and 8 ohm speakers.....zounds....can't wait to crank it up.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

It sure looks great. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 02, 2015, 01:17:48 PM
Nice find, Mugsy!

Thanks, my son, Matt, found it for me.....only thing I found now is that the turn table seems 'seized'..???....or I haven't found the release??...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Oh man, what a bummer.  There are no places these days to take things to be repaired.  I sure hope you can figure it out.  You must be all hot and bothered to listen to that old vinyl.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 02, 2015, 03:16:41 PM
Oh man, what a bummer.  There are no places these days to take things to be repaired.  I sure hope you can figure it out.  You must be all hot and bothered to listen to that old vinyl.

I think that I remember how to remove the spindle and 'c' clip...then lift the turn table off....the caspstin and drive gear wheel are under there somewhere.....hopefully it's some gunk built up from not being used...and not the motor.....
Jon

BallAquatics

Might have a screw or something if it's never been used.  Some mfg's used to lock 'em down for transport and then the end-user would remove the screw to free things up for operation.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I thought of that too, but it came with all those records.  I sure hope he can make it work.  He has a gem.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 02, 2015, 05:18:57 PM
Might have a screw or something if it's never been used.  Some mfg's used to lock 'em down for transport and then the end-user would remove the screw to free things up for operation.....

Dennis

Yes, thought about that too.... but I had found the two deck screws used for that....but it wasn't locked down....the springs are still good, the deck still has bounce to it...but firm, not loosy goosy....
Jon