• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 04:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

So what's going on....

Started by Mugwump, February 09, 2017, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...in your neighborhood ??.....

..here, we're waiting for spring and baseball.................not as big a garden this year for us.....we'll grow the usual things that we like, but cut back on the number of plants.  We don't need 8+ tomato plants......dang, that's a lot of tomatoes...even when we freeze a bunch.....and....give them away...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I'm waiting for spring too, for ocean fishing season. I didn't get any boat time last year cuz my son hit a pole with the truck. Now that's been fixed with another truck.

Speaking of baseball... when I was moving book shelves over the weekend I found my baseball cards. About 10 years ago I sorted thru them all and put the best ones in a ziplock baggy so they could be put in the gun safe. Then I lost them. I've been kicking myself ever since. They had slipped down between the back of the shelf and the wall. NOW they are in the safe. Mickeys Mantles and Roger Maris' and Willie Mays' and the whole crew.

Dan

LizStreithorst

I'm looking forward to getting chicks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...while I did play some golf last year...we never did get to go fishing..... huh....hopefully we'll get out there this spring.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Instead of many many pots of flowers this year, I plan on just several huge pots full of them.  Pots that are 2' tall and 2' wide.  Our yard "soil" is too hard to grow them in successfully.  When our new neighborhood was built out of woods and swamp land, the developer used the "soil" from all the ponds he dug here to fill and level the land for houses.  We love it here, but the ground is not for a gardener like myself.  But we are surrounded by 7 ponds full of wildfowl, fish, and plants.  Very pretty, but the muck from the pond digs is nasty to plant in.
Barb

waterboy

I'm the same Jon. I will put in some green peppers, you can't have too many green peppers.  Wife will probably put in some tomato plants, enough for BLTs and sliced tomato with sugar on for desert for a while.  She has pretty much given up canning and preserving except she will make jam if we get enough red raspberries. Homemade raspberry jam is gooooooood stuff.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

We have a very big patch of ever bearing strawberries....plus black berries,  and red raspberries. .I think preserves are on the agenda for this year...
Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2017, 10:43:04 AM
...cool...you're fell'n better.... |^|

Thanks Jon.  Yes I'm feeling much better.  Felt well enough to bake some whole wheat bread...

Dennis