• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 08:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 810
Total: 810

I have a protector

Started by LizStreithorst, September 11, 2016, 08:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My wonderful neighbor came down to visit today.  His excuse was that he wanted to see the fish room.  What he really wanted was to rant about his grandson (my closest neighbor) and to warn me.  He told me that Blake, his grandson, my closest neighbor, is a drug head and all his friends are drug heads.  Jack just got into a shouting match about all the stuff Blake had "borrowed" from him that Blake no longer has.  (Jack figures he sold it all for drugs).  He told me some other bad things that Blake had done.  Jack told me that if I ever see someone strange down may way to call him.  I thought of something better.  I have Porfiero, my cop friend :)  I called Poncho just now and told him what I just said.  Ponch said that he has driven to my house several times when I was not home.  Once when he drove by he stopped his car at the low life neighbor's before continuing on to my house.  Blake was out there with his low life drug head friends and when they saw the cop car they all went inside. 

These guys know when I leave for work in the morning.  Blake knows my dogs.  Even my best dog won't hurt him.  I'm not worried about anything while I'm home.  The dogs will set off on a huge bark if anyone comes up. I asked Porfiero to please drive by my house during the hours that I'm not home when he's in the neighborhood and on duty.  He said that he will also park his squad car on my dirt road right by Blake's house and take a leisurely look around at his house and yard before getting back in the squad car and driving to my house.  That will put the fear in the no good, low life, stealing, bastard.

Porfiero considers me a friend because I was a  good hard boss to him back when he worked for me as a kid.  Even way back then, once he got good I paid him $10. per hr.  He worked the Dairy Goat Farm and he helped me bathing and brushing out at the shop.  He was good!  Way back then I paid him $10. an hour, which still today more than minimum wage.

They say that what goes around comes around.  I've found that to be true in a roundabout kind of way.  I've never had it be like this.  The kid that worked for me a million years ago remembers me with fondness is now my protector.

Long, sorry w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Mugwump

...it's too bad that Blake never had a chance to work for you....he might have been a different man?

..be safe....druggies are idiots..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I grew up in a very catholic family and went to catholic school, and they instilled in me the idea that goodness is rewarded. I'm not a very good catholic anymore, never was really, but I am always on the lookout for evidence that rewards can show up on this side of the grave rather than the other. I wouldn't call it 'karma' I would call it 'earned luck'.
Dan

Rjb3

I, actually, have several protectors. They all have the same name, Colt.

wallace

I have a bunch of rifles, but no pistols. I didn't want any in the house while the kids were growing up. I'd like to get one of those .54 muzzleloader pistols, be a fun toy. I never felt like I needed a gun for protection, probably because of where I live.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I don't want a gun.  I can kick a guy in the nuts and break his knees if I'm threatened, but I'm not worried about.  I just worry about what might happen when I'm not here.

Rjb3

Quote from: wallace on September 12, 2016, 02:17:30 PM
I have a bunch of rifles, but no pistols. I didn't want any in the house while the kids were growing up. I'd like to get one of those .54 muzzleloader pistols, be a fun toy. I never felt like I needed a gun for protection, probably because of where I live.

All black powder guns are fun.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 12, 2016, 05:53:41 PM
Quote from: wallace on September 12, 2016, 02:17:30 PM

All black powder guns are fun.

|^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I've got an old .54cal Hawkins type cap n ball that has a spanish-made barrel, and when I first got it I wasn't too sure about the barrel. So I started with 50 grains and shot it while holding around the corner of the barn, then worked my way up to 160 grains. It didn't blow up, so OK. Accurate too. A normal load is 70g.  (())
Dan

LizStreithorst

As I was driving in from work, Poncho was driving out in his squad car.  I may not have a multitude of friends but the ones I have are good.

the low life drug head seems not to have been home since he had it out with his grandfather, Jack.  Jack may be old and have lots of physical problems.  He's very kind.  I know of only a couple of times when he has become furious.  I'm glad I wasn't there either time.  It would have been scary.  People like that can put the fear in the ones who are all bluster and bullshit.

The druggie owns the place (Jack built that house alone with his own two hands for his daughter.  When the grandson was married and doing well Jack gave him the title to it and bought 6 good acres from me and gave it to him before he turned to shit).  Jack told me that he's been in touch with the  wife who is divorcing the druggie.  She's starting fresh and wants nothing that belongs to him.  She did agree to turn the title to the land she's due to to Jack so my land will once again be in good hands.

Dennis, it would"t have help that kid if he had worked for me.  It's genetic.  Jack and Judy's daughter got pregnant at 15 or 16 to a real bum.  Her parents are good.  She was raised right, but she was young and stupid.  She had two kids by the bum.  They are both worthless trash.  She has a good husband now and two more kids.  They'll be better, thank God.