• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Well, it's Monday here in NW Wa....

Started by Ron Sower, March 17, 2014, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Cousin Brad has headed home. Sent him back off to Wenatchee with a big load of firewood, a bunch of aquatic plants and a light strip for a 55g he got for free a month ago.

Got all 13 stumps pulled and cut out on Saturday. Got a 50+g bow front tank moved from the storage unit to the back patio to set up outside for natives after recup. Saw Secondhand Lion movie Saturday night at our clubhouse....great flick. Had a great pizza and fish'n'chips dinner with beer at a favorite pub Saturday night. Got small tanks filled for my indoor recup project for my first experience with CO2 for Aquatic plants. Took cousin over for his first visit to Harbor Freight Tools. Scored a Dwarf Chain Loach addition to add to my CARES collection of them. (I hope to pick them up today) Ate a lotta good food.

All-in-all, a pretty good weekend!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Sheesh Mugs.....Do you EVER get off the computer other than to take care of your tanks/fish, take Wiggs to/from work, and play with the grandkids????  LOL! ;D

I'd have to fully retire just to even try to keep up with you on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the material. I've saved it in a file on the desktop and will retrieve and listen during the layup time!!!  Thanks.

Meanwhile I got the other Dwarf Chain Loach to go into my group, plus some Fissidens moss I'll try to propagate. I hate Java moss because it's so stringy and is almost as much of a nuisance as duckweed. I have some Christmas moss that's really doing nicely.

Anyway, another good thing for today is that Lori and Aron are giving me a good deal on a knee scooter they have and I'll be needing.  They kept telling me Medicare wouldn't pay for it. Doc said it would pay to rent one.  Wonder what else he's lied to me about???!!! :-\ :-\ :-\

Thanks Lori and Aron.

And while I'm at it here, Barb, I'm really happy to hear about your husband.  I know the days are going by so slowly for both of you right now, but I hope soon they take off like rockets and all is back to as close to ''normal'' as can be.  I'm thinking how good it was that you got your cruise in before this happened.  Cheers!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 17, 2014, 05:29:26 PM
Sheesh Mugs.....Do you EVER get off the computer other than to take care of your tanks/fish, take Wiggs to/from work, and play with the grandkids????  LOL! ;D

I'd have to fully retire just to even try to keep up with you on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just leave the computer on....when I walk past, I'll take a look here... ;D....I save a lot of good links for future use.... ;D...glad you could use them..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson