• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 604
Total: 605

A Funky Fish Day

Started by PaulineMi, March 17, 2014, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

No "luck o' the Irish" here today.  Went on a cleaning binge, being very, very thorough with water changes, cleaning, trimming, scrubbing, etc.  Was done except for refilling tanks.  The last tank I fill is the discus tank....which has a sump connected to it.  Yep.  :-[  Plugged the water pump in and refilled the sump before letting water levels adjust.  At least I think that's what I did wrong.  Anyway, oops.  A full tank and a full sump results in that awful sound of water whooshing and splashing onto the floor. 

And there's more.....I had a tiny siphon running water into a little bucket for a CPD tank water change. When I rushed over to the discus tank the siphon popped out of the little bucket....water on the floor over in that corner also.  But just a small amount, comparatively speaking.  ::)

There's almost a science to getting the air out of the overflow "thing" so the water can run into the overflow box.  I failed miserably today.  Way more mouthfuls of water than I care to ever experience again.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Good luck with the clean up.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

You mean someone else spills water like us....LOL.....it drys quick tho
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Sorry about your spill Pauline.  :( Hopefully the cleanup is not too bad.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Clean up was easy, thanks.  Being a cement floor it's really nothing more than an inconvenience. Plus I have a boatload of old towels for this type of thing.

The floor is dry, sump is running correctly on the tank, towels have been washed and are in the dryer.  A real plus...so far I'm suffering no symptoms from all the tank water that went in my mouth.   :P
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

When I had my tanks in the house my floods did damage that is noticeable to me, but to nobody else other than a flooring man.  It's no biggie when I flood the fish room which is on concrete.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 17, 2014, 03:39:29 PM
Being a cement floor it's really nothing more than an inconvenience.

Same here.  I love my concrete fish room floor.  Water and weight are of no concern.

Dennis

Mugwump

Ours is cement too....but has a very thin reddish carpet glued to it....drains off nice still, or I just wet vac it and it dries quickly....down side of the thin carpet material...4oz spill looks like 40 gals....LOL...but it's glued/sealed tight, so looks like new after a 'wash'.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2014, 04:46:53 PM
.....so looks like new after a 'wash'.. ;D

So you're not really spilling any water, you're cleaning the carpet!!!  In the words of Gimli the son of Gl?in, "That was deliberate"

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 17, 2014, 04:53:02 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2014, 04:46:53 PM
.....so looks like new after a 'wash'.. ;D

So you're not really spilling any water, you're cleaning the carpet!!!  In the words of Gimli the son of Gl?in, "That was deliberate"

Dennis

....LOL...something like that... ;D
Jon