• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 08:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 156
Total: 157

Well, now I've done it.

Started by LizStreithorst, November 16, 2014, 03:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just took my phone out of the washing machine >:( >:( >:(.  I haven't pulled that trick for about 8 years.  The screen lights up, which is a good sign but I don't have much hope of it surviving :'(  At least I can say it's clean ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Well, call some place... ;D....you can pop the case open and see if still wet too....that'll let it dry out some more, and if it is working now, not go on the fritz tomorrow...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Reminds me of my sister who was on her cell phone once while standing up in a canoe (which I was pulling from a row boat).
She managed to tip over the canoe, fell I the water and dunked her phone (which sounded like Glug, glug, glug to the person on the other end of the line).
We opened it up and let it dry out for a day or two. Eventually it worked, but it is in very soft water.
With detergent I would consider flushing it out with RO or some other soft water so that chemicals (which may conduct electricity) are not left on the electronics before drying it off.
Pure water on most unpowered electronics is usually pretty harmless. Its the power there when it gets wet and chemical deposits afterwards that often make problems.

Mugwump

I dropped mine in the pot once.........popped the cover off, and sprayed the bejabbers out of it with WD40....blotted it with a couple paper towels....boomba...never skipped a beat..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've got nothing to loose.  It's all apart now.  I'll dunk it in RO and say a prayer.

LizStreithorst

WD 40 done now, too.  I have my powerful spare dog dryer blowing room temperature air on it now.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2014, 04:50:37 PM
WD 40 done now, too.  I have my powerful spare dog dryer blowing room temperature air on it now.

dry it out and try it.....if it works?..all's well.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Embarrassing enough to say, I've dropped 3 phones in the toilet.  The first 2 were removed veryl quickly and did get water inside. So I opened them up and let them dry for a day or 2, reassembled them and they worked fine. The 3rd one was in the wonderful Otter Case, and it floated for about an hour in the water. Not even phased!!!! No water inside it at all!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

greydragon

i dropped one phone into very warm oil on 3 different times and it still worked (somewhat)you could receive a call just make one

Barb

I think you are supposed to put wet phones in a bag of rice?  To absorb water?
Barb

GeorgeG

Put it in rice that will take the moisture out of it.

LizStreithorst

Guess what ladies and gents?  I slapped it back together this morning and it works ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 17, 2014, 07:32:13 AM
Guess what ladies and gents?  I slapped it back together this morning and it works ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ta Da !!!
Jon

PaulineMi

Now it's not only clean, it works too.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

And to go with Mugg's Ta Da!...here's a

BADA BING!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron