• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

Friday's very windy coffee

Started by Mugwump, October 31, 2014, 06:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......interesting morn'n.....cold/snow on/off...and gale force winds gusting to 60mph....Lake Mich. is supposed to go to 20 ft waves coming down from the north.......inland we'll get a bunch of that too....
...me...I'm going for another cup... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...snowing those big flakes  ;D....not many, just like a flurry type snow....the real winds haven't shown up here yet..stay tuned....LOL
Jon

PaulineMi

YIKES!!!!   Batten down the hatches.  :o :o :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 31, 2014, 08:38:50 AM
YIKES!!!!   Batten down the hatches.  :o :o :o

I think that a lot of this will drift over your way over the next day, or so.....winds not as bad tho...that open lake really gets em going....
Jon

Mugwump

..it'll sweep over by Dennis too....??

Jon

GraphicGr8s

What are you guys complainin out? Tomorrow our high will be only in the 60s!!!
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 31, 2014, 08:51:26 AM

'au contraire' ...we're not complain'n here....just comparing notes....a lot of us look forward to the winter extremes....walking in a snow storm is awesome....you should try it... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Snow, wind, ice....it all becomes a topic of conversation here on the forum, at work and even amongst strangers. It happens every year and we seem to always find Mother Nature's moods awesome. Total silence at night while snow is falling, the eerie moaning sounds our frozen lake makes and then the blizzard conditions that keep us hunkered down enjoying the warmth inside.....hoping the power doesn't go out.   ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I have fond memories of living in western N Y, and walking home at night with complete silence, and with those huge flakes coming down...making an almost tunnel like canopy over the roads when sticking to the large maple tree branches.......street lights shining....and then seeing our house with the smoke coming out of the chimney.....I didn't want to go in yet, so I'd walk around the block....
Jon

Mugwump

...Hmmmm???..wonder if I can get a kite up right now.....using steel cable ought to work??
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on October 31, 2014, 08:56:11 AM

'au contraire' ...we're not complain'n here....just comparing notes....a lot of us look forward to the winter extremes....walking in a snow storm is awesome....you should try it... ;D

I have tried it. The storm of 78 made my mind up for me. I was pulling cars out with my convertible. 83 we left NY. 63 is freezin
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 31, 2014, 08:21:13 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 31, 2014, 08:56:11 AM

I have tried it. The storm of 78 made my mind up for me. I was pulling cars out with my convertible. 83 we left NY. 63 is freezin

Point taken.....actually if we could find a place warmer, but not with the stinking humidity...we'd consider a relocate......oops strike that...LOL....all our G'kids are within 12 miles of us here... ;D
Jon