• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

Computer help, please

Started by LizStreithorst, October 29, 2014, 02:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This has to be my own fault.  I must have had my head in my...I mean I must not have been paying strict attention to what I was doing and clicked yes when I should have clicked no :-[

Suddenly, Google is no longer my default search engine.  It's now some abomination called "ask".  Please, somebody tell me how to fix this.  This is on my old trusty Compaq desk top with Windows XP. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

BallAquatics

At the far right of the address bar, (where the webiste address is displayed), there is a button that looks like 3 horizontal lines, click that.

From the menu that opens click Settings.

About 2/3 of the way down the page you will see where it says Search.  Select Google from the drop-down list.

All done!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

It worked, thank goodness.  I love google. 

Mugwump

LOL....I don't use Chrome much, but just looked at it, and saw the same thing...thanks Dennis  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've never even looked at Firefox.  What are it's advantages?

Rjb3

Pardon me, but someone has to ask . . . . . . . So, what happened to your computer guy?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 03:51:13 PM
I've never even looked at Firefox.  What are it's advantages?

It's personal preference, but a lot easier to navigate than Chrome....IMHO
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 29, 2014, 04:14:55 PM
Pardon me, but someone has to ask . . . . . . . So, what happened to your computer guy?

Captain, my dear I've very broke right now.  Very broke.  My dear computer guy Dallas, is a professional computer guy.  He hardly charges me enough to cover his expenses because he likes me.  I pay him and then tip him in home grown produce.  I'm out of money and I'm close to out of home grown.  I will not ask for his help unless I have some huge computer disaster. It's a matter of pride and a matter of respect.

Rjb3

I've got a daughter in college. I know what broke is, too. It'll get better.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 29, 2014, 04:44:36 PM
I've got a daughter in college. I know what broke is, too. It'll get better.

*chuckle*..... ;D     hoo boy, I'll bet..?.....
Jon