• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

Welcome back to Monday's coffee..

Started by Mugwump, October 27, 2014, 06:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and it's an awesome cup too...MMmmm.....no pains, burn some muscles that I know for sure got used yesterday....LOL.....more coffee and then I'll limber up a bit  ;D

we going out this morning to pick up a three tier bird cage on a frame with rollers, etc....Jan found it and it's perfect.....we just got rid of a spare double bed, so the birds will get moved bad to another room.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....Nice little trip....cages are perfect.. ;D ...what a deal too... ;D....Jan's washing them down with some good soapy antibacterial soap.....

Arte and Ruthie have been doing the deed, and both have checked out the nest box.....a real good sign  ;D

Helen and Winston have been doing the deed too....the nest box just needs to be attached to the cage now.................they'll get moved to more private quarters soon too.....then without the demon watching them, they'll feel more secure  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good catch, Mugs and Wiggs! Is it a wire cage?

While I was over at a house yesterday with my friend who was buying the frags, I kept hearing quiet bird chirps. As I began looking around the room, I learned they were coming from a large cage with 4 finches of some sort in it. Just quiet little fellers flitting from perch to perch. Peaceful setting!

I never had a pet bird. I think I missed something in my life!!!  :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 27, 2014, 11:32:15 AM
Good catch, Mugs and Wiggs! Is it a wire cage?

While I was over at a house yesterday with my friend who was buying the frags, I kept hearing quiet bird chirps. As I began looking around the room, I learned they were coming from a large cage with 4 finches of some sort in it. Just quiet little fellers flitting from perch to perch. Peaceful setting!

I never had a pet bird. I think I missed something in my life!!!  :-\

..yep, metal cages....called 'flight' cages for the parrotlette's.....shaped longer....18 X 18 X 30L
it's a three tier setup rack on roller......sweet little room saver.... ;D
Jon

wiggs

Hey, Ron, I use to breed finches. I love my little birds,but they usually are not hand tame like a parrot, nor can they talk. Most people want talking birds, or birds that they can put on their shoulders and walk around with them. I liked the finches because, when they chirped it was like summer all year long, in my house. Also if they bit, they can`t take off a finger, like the big hookbills can. I really miss them,but  not many people want them as pets.
Jan

PaulineMi

Quote from: wiggs on October 28, 2014, 06:42:29 AM
Hey, Ron, I use to breed finches. I love my little birds,but they usually are not hand tame like a parrot, nor can they talk. Most people want talking birds, or birds that they can put on their shoulders and walk around with them. I liked the finches because, when they chirped it was like summer all year long, in my house. Also if they bit, they can`t take off a finger, like the big hookbills can. I really miss them,but  not many people want them as pets.

Whenever I pass near a finch cage at a pet store I stop and listen to them. They make the sweetest sounds.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)