• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:51:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

Sunday wake up cup

Started by Mugwump, October 26, 2014, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...isn't working....going back for more.......................it tastes so good...MMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...years ago, just before I retired....I'd worked inside mostly, I took a job with DirectTV...I worked as an installer, outside all the time and I really enjoyed it.... til the outfit that I worked for started screwing us...we won a class action suit....but anyway this morning a guy rings the door bell and says "you installed me over 12 years ago, I liked your work and was wondering if you'd be willing to help me run lines for my security camers..(7)...I replied sure..it's a nice day for it...well, he lives in the country on a 6 acre farmette....huge house, 4 car garage dble deep, a few smaller out buildings and a barn....He owns his own good sized lawn/garden business...lots of equipment...tractors/mowers/snow plows/ snow blowers/bobcats...the works...not counting his stock cars and motor cycles....LOL
,,,so he has an upstairs office with the camera console and VCR recorders...the lines would have to be run from the house, over the roof...spanned across to the garage...across the 40 ft peak..then spanned out to the barn loft....around the inside of the barn to the main camera hookups ...each line would be about 250-300ft....lotsa RG-6 , huh?.....I've been up and down ladders, across the house peak, across the garage peak, and all through that barn......multiple times today....took about 5+ hours total...I ended up running 8 lines (he has an 8th camera that he may add??)...all the wire was zipped together and secured many times for neatness..all entry holes were caulked..and he even pulled out the bucket truck ( he has one of those too)....and we teamed up and dressed all the hanging span cable neatly......it looked great....popped on all his unit fittings and we were done........I loved it...LOL...he said he wasn't used to the climbing around and ladder work..he mentioned that he was 45 and was getting a bit pooped....asked how old I was...LOL...I told him 69 and hitting 70 in the spring.....LOL...he says "you get around pretty damn good still......ya know...I'd have slipped him a few bucks after that....LOL.....a little achy here, but a hot shower and 3 Advil....I'm almost good as new..................................almost  ;D.....we'll see what the old bones sound like in the morn'n..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Man I can use you around here. My back is killing me from staking two rows of tomatoes.

Wait. My back is always killing me.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

..it's been a bit since I put in a day of that kind of good physical labor......I wasn't sure what I'd be able to do...and for how long....??....but it was good.......

He had a nice little female barn cat that followed me around outside,and all over the barn, the whole day.....just talk'n up a storm to me...LOL....a real sweetie...white with caramel spots on her face and head areas....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Great story.  You will be fine with otc pain killers.  Forgive me for being blunt but I hope you charged him out the arse.  He actually owns a bucket truck?  Dang! 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Great story.  You will be fine with otc pain killers.  Forgive me for being blunt but I hope you charged him out the arse.  He actually owns a bucket truck?  Dang!

He pays fine.... ;D ...and mentioned that he'd keep me on mind for some other projects too...

bucket truck, few Bobcats,  work trucks, etc.....plus some 'trophy' stock cars..... ;D....he took the local speedway tracks points trophy.....not his first either... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

But you outworked him :)  Not bad for an old man, Mug ;D ;D :P :-*
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2014, 08:33:50 PM
But you outworked him :)  Not bad for an old man, Mug ;D ;D :P :-*

It's just my work ethic....no time to get tired, if the jobs not done......but it'll likely catch up with me soon, who knows???
Jon

Ron Sower

Geesh, Mugs! I was doing fine and once I read this, my back starts hurting more!!!  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron