• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:51:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

Saturday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, October 25, 2014, 05:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..MMMmmm...smells, and tastes, absolutely delicious...MMMmmm  8)...windows open, a cool breeze, and the morn'n eye opener.....perfect 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...seems like everyone's slept in today... ;D.....heck, I just started pot #2... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

I've been up for a while. Needed some me time to relax, my only day day off for the week and lots to do around the house including water changes

wsantia1

I've been up for quite a while now.  Just finished my daily 3 mile morning walk with my dog.  He wants to run and I want to walk.  I usually win. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Just started the 3rd pot of coffee... ;D..it's that kind of day...still a little hazy/foggy out...
Jon

Ron Sower

Ok. I'm up now. Going to get my cup for the morning. No, Mugs, I don't do pots, just a cuppajoe in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon. Gonna check on my new fish I got Thursday and the status of the spawn. I'll put up photos and you guys can tell me what kind of angels they are.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 25, 2014, 10:27:06 AM
Ok. I'm up now. Going to get my cup for the morning. No, Mugs, I don't do pots, just a cuppajoe in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon. Gonna check on my new fish I got Thursday and the status of the spawn. I'll put up photos and you guys can tell me what kind of angels they are.

We'll do out best at figuring out what you have, and what you might expect from the fry too...

...and Ron, coffee is measured in pots/day.....not cups/day.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2014, 10:32:09 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 25, 2014, 10:27:06 AM

We'll do out best at figuring out what you have, and what you might expect from the fry too...

...and Ron, coffee is measured in pots/day.....not cups/day.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I really don't expect them to survive this first spawning; and I really don't have space or inclination at the moment ot care for them. The parents are still watching the eggs and chasing others off, but not nearly as aggressively as the ones I've had in the past. Definitely these are first-timers. Photos after I reduce them.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2014, 06:45:37 AM
...seems like everyone's slept in today... ;D

I know I did.  Late night last night.  Had a fantastic club meeting with Karen Randall of Aquatic Gardener fame.  Karen gave a super nice talk, with down-to-earth advice for aquascaping and growing plants in your tank.

Dennis

Mugwump

Those are good meetings when the speaker can get down and dirty and explain things easily in 'people speak'.....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 25, 2014, 12:30:10 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2014, 06:45:37 AM
...seems like everyone's slept in today... ;D

I know I did.  Late night last night.  Had a fantastic club meeting with Karen Randall of Aquatic Gardener fame.  Karen gave a super nice talk, with down-to-earth advice for aquascaping and growing plants in your tank.

Dennis

We had Karen at one of our meetings. She was really great! Still have my notes from her talk! She was really good for our club which is heavily into cultivating plants.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

She'll be up here in early November for the Aquatic Gardening show in Chicago..... ;D ;D
Jon

Mugwump

..70 deg's...humidity 25%...dew point 33deg's...soft winds....it is absolutely perfect outside..... ;D
Jon

GraphicGr8s

I just wonder what you guys call "being up late"? Is it like 8pm? 9?

Coffee is too expensive for pots anymore. As a younger gent I'd do 3-4 pots per day. Now I have trouble sleeping and sure don't need any more caffeine. I do miss that cup around 8 pm though.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Late for me is after 6am.....I'm usually up way before that......we drink a lot of the Maxwell House 'lite'....it's half leaded, and half decaf.......no issues sleeping with a cup or two after dinner....
Jon