• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 08:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 42
Total: 43

Sunday Swap coffee....

Started by Mugwump, October 12, 2014, 04:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...up and drinking this great coffee  ;D In a few minutes it'll be time to net some fish, load up and get ready to leave....looks to be about 1 1/2+ hr trip..we'll grab more coffee along the way..with some 'Crispy Cremes'... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 12, 2014, 04:31:32 AM
...up and drinking this great coffee  ;D In a few minutes it'll be time to net some fish, load up and get ready to leave....looks to be about 1 1/2+ hr trip..we'll grab more coffee along the way..with some 'Crispy Cremes'... ;D

You and Jan have a great trip and sell a lot of fish so you can make more room.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 12, 2014, 04:51:43 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 12, 2014, 04:31:32 AM

You and Jan have a great trip and sell a lot of fish so you can make more room.  ;D ;D ;D

We'll try....it's not the biggest swap, but today should be a decent crowd....seems a bunch of the QC Facebook crowd will be coming out  ;D ;D....Scott and his 'sis' will have a table too, so we'll be gabbing the whole time.. ;D...plus we know a few folks out that way too....pics and such later...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

I look forward to seeing you again at the swap Jon. Sounds like it'll be a good one

Mugwump

Saw Josh, and G'pa, at the swap. It was a very nice crowd attending through out the day....right up til almost the 3PM finale.....good folks, and lots of new names to remember too ;D

some pics...

Jon

Mugwump

..more...

Jon

Mugwump

...last pics...

Jon

b125killer

I had fun today. I made some room for the new babies. I'll grow them big and strong for the next swap.  As always it was great to see Jon & Jan. I only got one new fish. It's one of Jon's St. Isabel / Rio Negro.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 12, 2014, 07:29:52 PM
I had fun today. I made some room for the new babies. I'll grow them big and strong for the next swap.  As always it was great to see Jon & Jan. I only got one new fish. It's one of Jon's St. Isabel / Rio Negro.

Hmmmm...I wondered where that fish went....LOL....nice one too...good pick.
Jon

b125killer

It was the best fish in the bunch.  Luckily I'm good friends with the breeder ;D. I got to pick him out of the bucket before he was put out for others to see. The funny thing is people wanted that fish. I'm not sure why but if i float a fish in a tank it seems everone wants that fish. I sent a few people over to you for them. Thanks so much for him. I'll grow him strong like bull and try and pair it up with one of my other wild cross angels. By the way how are the manacapuru doing?
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 12, 2014, 08:02:49 PM
It was the best fish in the bunch.  Luckily I'm good friends with the breeder ;D. I got to pick him out of the bucket before he was put out for others to see. The funny thing is people wanted that fish. I'm not sure why but if i float a fish in a tank it seems everone wants that fish. I sent a few people over to you for them. Thanks so much for him. I'll grow him strong like bull and try and pair it up with one of my other wild cross angels. By the way how are the manacapuru doing?

the combo batch of the F2 Manacapuru's..mine/Rob's... are currently in a 55 smacking the snot out each other ..pairing off.....sometimes it's calm..other times....*wham* *bonk* *twang*..'holy horny fish, Batman!'.... :o :o :o :o :o.....it's crazy that they're getting this frisky, for wilds, at this young age...about 9mos....my F1's took over 2 yrs to get in the mood...???
Jon

PaulineMi

If I recall correctly Rob had commented on his original Manacapurus being quite feisty.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 13, 2014, 09:02:28 AM
If I recall correctly Rob had commented on his original Manacapurus being quite feisty.

Yes, we compared notes a few times...my F1's can be pretty bizarre too.....one can only imagine how they could get in the areas that they come from......
Jon

New_b0401

Quote from: Mugwump on October 12, 2014, 06:05:33 PM
Saw Josh, and G'pa, at the swap. It was a very nice crowd attending through out the day....right up til almost the 3PM finale.....good folks, and lots of new names to remember too ;D

some pics...

Well I don't know what I was talking about, but it must not have been good  ???  lol glad to know that's my first impression on everyone  ::)

p.s. I'm the one in the pink with the white and black scarf...  :-[