• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

Good old Friday=====>

Started by Mugwump, October 10, 2014, 06:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Cool outside, but the wonderful coffee is hot and tasty in here..AAaaaa.....time for another cup.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Mornin mugs........it IS a NICE 4C morning this morning......Cool Crisp Clear and COFFEE this morning.

JR

Nice and cool here a little rain. My granddaughter and great granddaughter are coming up from KY. to spend the week with me. I just love it when the little ones are here.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

making another pot....I need to get going and do a few things this morning....a little culling is in order, then some water changes...then look for things to sell, or toss out......getting too much crap down there....LOL.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Water changes on tap here too.  There is a slight peppery odor that I can't identify but it causes my nose to burn. ???  I also can't tell where it's coming from. Trying to air out my little fish room but the air flow here is poor. ::)

Humidity is around 45 and I don't see any signs of mold. I'm starting think that I might have to break everything down and start over. :-\ Bummer. >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Somebodies smokey 'wacky backy' by you......betcha..........or your dog, previous occupants dog, took a leak on the carpet...the humidity from the tanks brings it out....my money's on the gauche... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 10, 2014, 08:32:24 AM
Somebodies smokey 'wacky backy' by you......betcha..........or your dog, previous occupants dog, took a leak on the carpet...the humidity from the tanks brings it out....my money's on the gauche... ;D

I'm the first occupant in this apartment and my dog is really good at letting me know when it's time for to go. He doesn't even go into the fish room unless I am in there and there is no spotting from him going to the bathroom in there.

I have the dehumidifier running as well as a dual window fan that will act as an exhaust and suck the air out of the fish room.  I hope it works.  I might add that as I get older it seems like my allergies increase.

I have to remember to clean all of my glass tops and canopies today just in case.
Willie

Mugwump

Good thing the garbage man was a little late... ;D ...three big bags of junk now gone  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...even found an extra big 'Mag' filter that I cannibalized some parts from....now I have one purring like a dreaming kitten.... ;D ;D ;D...gonna pop it on the 130 and let her rip.. ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 10, 2014, 07:59:36 AM
Water changes on tap here too.  There is a slight peppery odor that I can't identify but it causes my nose to burn. ???  I also can't tell where it's coming from. Trying to air out my little fish room but the air flow here is poor. ::)

Humidity is around 45 and I don't see any signs of mold. I'm starting think that I might have to break everything down and start over. :-\ Bummer. >:(
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 10, 2014, 08:45:24 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 10, 2014, 08:32:24 AM

I'm the first occupant in this apartment and my dog is really good at letting me know when it's time for to go. He doesn't even go into the fish room unless I am in there and there is no spotting from him going to the bathroom in there.

I have the dehumidifier running as well as a dual window fan that will act as an exhaust and suck the air out of the fish room.  I hope it works.  I might add that as I get older it seems like my allergies increase.

I have to remember to clean all of my glass tops and canopies today just in case.

I think I may have found the problem. It seems I have been using too much Seachems Safe during my water changes and that may be causing my nose to burn.  I read the MSDS on this stuff and it is pretty funky. One of the side effects is the symptoms I have been having. I am going to another dechlor to see if my symptoms improve.  I think the safe in that small room are a bad combination.
Willie

Mugwump

cut back, and....mix it in a jar before dosing...most any dechlor will have that odor as it works...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2014, 08:52:48 PM
cut back, and....mix it in a jar before dosing...most any dechlor will have that odor as it works...

Yes but this was different than other dechlors I've used. :o  I have another one I'll try during my next w/c and see if it helps. 8) I may be oversensitive to the safe. ??? I have a ton of allergies. lol :-[
Willie