• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 02:02:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 45
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Moved fishroom

Started by JC, October 06, 2014, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

So when I first set up my fishroom when we moved to our house 6yrs ago I put it in a 14' x 14' room that has a small built in shelf and a sump pump in the corner. It worked out great. When we moved out and then back into our house last August I put my 8' fish stand in the finished part and had to reroute my drain pipes, electrical, and my filling tank. Frankly it was a pain in the butt where I had it so before I set up 3 tanks I've had sitting around I decided to move my stand which only had a 40 breeder and a 20 high set up on it. I got it back in the "fishroom" with 5 tanks set up on it now all full of fish  ;D. All I have left to do is move my 75 to the fishroom and my table that has my brineshrimp hatchers. It was a big job but I'm so glad it's done!

Mugwump

...very nice....spread out tanks can be a pain, much more workable with all in proximity with each other...........smart move, bro.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Plus I wanted to get it moved before I set up my permanent water filling system. I didn't want to run the PVC halfway across my basement. I'm going to have my wife's grandfather help me cut into the hot/cold water pipes so I can have water in the fishroom and a laundry sink in there too. That will be amazing

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on October 06, 2014, 08:00:35 PM
Plus I wanted to get it moved before I set up my permanent water filling system. I didn't want to run the PVC halfway across my basement. I'm going to have my wife's grandfather help me cut into the hot/cold water pipes so I can have water in the fishroom and a laundry sink in there too. That will be amazing

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....cool..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

It is so cool to have a sink in a fish room!

Mugwump

Jon

JC

Quote from: BillT on October 06, 2014, 09:04:26 PM
It is so cool to have a sink in a fish room!

Yeah I've always wanted one but never got around to getting one put in there. I have a 1/2 bath 3' away from that room that I used the sink in. And my laundry room is 10' away where I have my water supply and stock tank I pump water from to fill up tanks