• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 12:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,363
  • Total Topics: 18,545
  • Online today: 759
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 750
Total: 751

My number 1 dog stinks

Started by LizStreithorst, October 01, 2014, 05:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He's a Chow so the stink has lots of hair for the stink to hang on to.  He must have found something extremely dead to roll in.  Finding a long dead thing to roll in is any dog's favorite thing.

I smelled him first this morning, but I couldn't take him to the shop for a good de-stinking, because I had an appointment to drop Charlotte off for maintenance.  My man fixed a bunch of stuff, but he couldn't fix the windows.  Some parts for a truck as old as Charlotte are available used or not at all, and try finding them used  ::)

So...Tomorrow I get to drive into work with my windows rolled up with a dog that smells dead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 01, 2014, 05:24:07 PM
He's a Chow so the stink has lots of hair for the stink to hang on to.  He must have found something extremely dead to roll in.  Finding a long dead thing to roll in is any dog's favorite thing.

I smelled him first this morning, but I couldn't take him to the shop for a good de-stinking, because I had an appointment to drop Charlotte off for maintenance.  My man fixed a bunch of stuff, but he couldn't fix the windows.  Some parts for a truck as old as Charlotte are available used or not at all, and try finding them used  ::)

So...Tomorrow I get to drive into work with my windows rolled up with a dog that smells dead.

AAaaaahhh....the ambiance.....LOL....'eau d' deadthing'....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Ewwwww...hope it's not too long of a drive.  I once picked up a Maine Coon cat that got carsick from his back end. Loose poop all over his crate. It was an hour and a half drive to home in the winter. I only gagged on and off for about 10 minutes. The cat meowed and howled during the entire drive home.

Maybe Vicks in your nose will help Liz.   :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 02, 2014, 07:36:02 AM
Ewwwww...hope it's not too long of a drive.  I once picked up a Maine Coon cat that got carsick from his back end. Loose poop all over his crate. It was an hour and a half drive to home in the winter. I only gagged on and off for about 10 minutes. The cat meowed and howled during the entire drive home.

Maybe Vicks in your nose will help Liz.   :o

LOL.....rub the dog fur down with scented dryer sheets...it'll dull it some too..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Also the lingering smell afterwards can be absorbed by ground coffee in a nylon. Truckers do this.  It works....I spilled gasoline in the back of my Trailblazer and tried it after Febreeze and open windows did nothing.

Sorry Jon.  Good coffee......
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

The obvious thing occurred to me.  I need to drive my monster diesel van once a week just to keep it's juices flowing..  .  Saint Puppy likes to ride in the cargo area on the hay bales.  The windows go up and down in the van.  (they don't in Charlotte).

I was so busy at work that I didn't get to him until 2 o'clock.  My customers said that they couldn't smell him.  My customers are pretty honest, so I believe them.

Even without the dead stink, Saint Puppy was ready for a good groom.  He's so handsome when I get the undercoat out.

Always move forward. Never look back.