• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 11:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 582
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 551
Total: 551

Tuesday stuff

Started by Mugwump, October 02, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...putz'n and the wash done....we ran an errand, or two....had lunch....and now we're chill'n....Jan has class tonight...so an early dinner is likely... huh

Checked my Lotto ticket.....we're still poor folks..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

A totally lovely day for me so far.  The house is finally clean enough for grooming customers.  I have more tolerance for messiness than the general public.  I like seeing the joint clean and I like knowing that I will have to keep it that way.  Once the biggest stuff is done maintenance is easy.

Shawn, Jack and Judy's son in law has started to be nice to me.  He asks me if I would like him to do stuff than needs doing rather than me having to ask.  Asking for favors is so hard for me.  He came today and bush-hogged both of my pastures.  The guy I hired broke a chain on the bush hog.  It wasn't a big deal.  It happened because he had the bush hog too high and put too much stress on the chain.  My pastures look clean now.

Sean told me the best way to have him clear all the trees and bushes that have grown up in the fence row.    He said that it would go more quickly and they could cut lower if they used the loppers.  I will have one use the loppers and the other use the chain saw and then have them go back with Charlotte and pick up all the stuff and put it on the burn pile.

After Shawn left I bagged up 12 large Angels and 30 smalls and took them to the fish store.  They gave me $150. in cash for the last batch of fish I took them.  Twee, the wife owner wasn't stressed out with a million customers.  She had just one at a time and I was in no hurry.  We had a nice chat when we were alone.  We talked about how people will steal.  I saw a video of a woman steeling a small animal of some kind on their web site.  They have cameras but when their a bunch of customers in the shop it't hard to take care of everyone and keep an eye on the others.  We talked about how hard it is to hire good employees.  I've never had to deal with the stealing stuff, but I worked forever in at my shop in Hattiesburg and in all that time I only had two employees who didn't do me wrong.

When I got home from Hattiesburg I was able to put my old Chow's front feet on the grooming table and lift his butt up.  I gave him a good brush out and removed a bunch of undercoat.  I can no longer lift him into the tub and bath him and do a through job, and besides it would be too hard on him.

I still need to pay bills but it is a chore.  I know that I will be late on at least one of my credit cards and that will hurt my credit rating.  Oh well...Before I pay bills I think that I'll give the chickens their treat of scratch and meal worms.  I used to give them their treat every day, but since I've been so preoccupied with the move the poor things have missed three days of their favorite treat.

Holy Moly, I have written a novel.  Soorry :-[
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...a good novel too  :) ..glad you're keeping active in adjusting to the new home business... |^|....I need to get off my butt and do more..... wfwf.....winter is coming, that won't help any either,,,sheesh...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Time to go read a bit...........night all  :)
Jon