• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 01:18:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 613
Total: 613

Water changes done...

Started by Mugwump, August 03, 2014, 03:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we knocked off 50+% on all the tanks...moved some fry around and changed some floss...looking good..fry are growing great and the cooler water is setting off a few pairs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I hope the cory's get frisky too...but who knows with that bunch....LOL ..only over flowed one tank  ;D...so had to stop doing 6 things at once...sheesh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Got mine done, too.  Wiped down everything in the tanks thoroughly, squeezed every sponge, changed the filter on the Jhemco pump,  put Magnum filters in chlorox water, and changed a ton of water.  I'm in the middle of THE BIG CLEAN of the house.  The fish room big clean took a lot of time and I still need to do a bunch of little stuff. 

I thought I'd get everything done by today, but it doesn't look like it.  I'll finish tomorrow and should have time to mow, too.  Then I'll get to admire all my hard work.  I wish that THE BIG CLEAN would last longer.  Having 9 dogs shedding hair and tracking in doesn't help.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 03, 2014, 03:43:34 PM
Got mine done, too.  Wiped down everything in the tanks thoroughly, squeezed every sponge, changed the filter on the Jhemco pump,  put Magnum filters in chlorox water, and changed a ton of water.  I'm in the middle of THE BIG CLEAN of the house.  The fish room big clean took a lot of time and I still need to do a bunch of little stuff. 

I thought I'd get everything done by today, but it doesn't look like it.  I'll finish tomorrow and should have time to mow, too.  Then I'll get to admire all my hard work.  I wish that THE BIG CLEAN would last longer.  Having 9 dogs shedding hair and tracking in doesn't help.

Geez Liz, all that is going to take at least a 12'er to get done..... ;D slow down...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I started yesterday after work.  It wouldn't have gotten so bad with the house if I were good at normal tidiness, but I'm not.  I always wait until it becomes a big job, do it, and then let things deteriorate until it becomes a big job again.

So far the kitchen, living room and computer room are pristine.  The human parts of the fish room are about 3/4 done.  All I have left are the sun room and bath room.  The bath room will be a piece of cake.  The sun room won't be hard.

I yearn to mow.  Mowing the front yard and the fence row will be my reward to myself for having made the everything inside perfect.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...cool.........and 'Junior' won at Pocono too, for the sweep.....that's the third win for him.... ;D and he leads em all in top 5 finishes too....a very good year for him..... ;D
Jon