• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 753
Total: 753

Mom and dad with kids

Started by LizStreithorst, August 25, 2014, 11:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

even with only 25 fry it's a lovely sight
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

that was mom.  This is dad

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Those are real nice looking fish Liz.  The more I see Discus the more I want some.  I need to spend some time on simply and do some serious research first.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

looks like a winner there, Liz....they should get better at it too next time... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They for sure will get better at it.  I'm determined to have these few with them for a full month before I let them try again.  I don't want them to make more until I see how these develop.

b125killer

That's so cool Liz. I hope the fry turn out just the way you want them.
Scott

Marc (NJ)

Ron Sower

Liz, as I think about setting up the new tank (75-100g) this fall, you are making discus look and sound pretty good. What fish would you put with them in a community situation? I want this to be a biotope tank, so mostly Amazon drainage fish.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Tetras like head light tail light, rummy nose, or Cardinals work well.  Neons can't take the heat.  German Blue Rams, Angels usually work but are sometimes too aggressive.  Sterbai Cory's and BN.

PaulineMi

Such a pretty pair.  Hope their babies are everything you hope for.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Thank you, Pauline.  I think they're a good pair myself.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the quality of the offspring. 

Barb

I may want a few next year Liz!
Barb

LizStreithorst

I do hope so.  If I like what I see in this first batch I will send you some.