• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 783
Total: 783

Sunday's swap coffee

Started by Mugwump, September 13, 2015, 04:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..coffee's great !!!!....we're going down to get the fish bagged and in buckets....then off to Hillside !!!1  |^|

See tall in a while, have a great day, folks  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Have a great swap Jon. Coffee and weather is great here. Water changes on tap along with some football.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We're back now.....need to things settled in and I'll give an update...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at a swap. Good friends and good times. Lots of laughs. No Kidding, I had a real good time.

Might just be my sick sense of humor, but we got invited to be vendors at the Madison Oct event. The guy asked us if we could make it and I said what's the name of it? Catastrophic?  No, he said "Cataclysm". LOL I called it catastrophic. Too bad we're at the Greenwater swap that day.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 13, 2015, 04:13:03 PM
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at a swap. Good friends and good times. Lots of laughs. No Kidding, I had a real good time.

Might just be my sick sense of humor, but we got invited to be vendors at the Madison Oct event. The guy asked us if we could make it and I said what's the name of it? Catastrophic?  No, he said "Cataclysm". LOL I called it catastrophic. Too bad we're at the Greenwater swap that day.

I agree Bob....we had a blast...it was so good to see the old crowd again....and we almost sold out except for a few bags of guppies, etc...and a few PB blue pre-breeders......and, of course we scored a fine Albino LF pleco pair... |^|....I tossed them in their own 30gal for now....the male immediately went to a back corner and stretched vertically up the seam.....holy smokes!!!....tail almost hitting the gravel and his snout about to break water....LOL....then he spread his fins and flexed..blew me away...LOL....then I gazed at the other corner and the female was spreading out too.....wow!   I can hardly wait to see what it takes to 'cram' those two in a cave........ |^|     
Jon

b125killer

It was a great swap. It truly felt like it's been years since I have seen everyone. I also picked up some new discus. I got two lemon discus and Joni got a lemon and a fire red. I hope it's fire red. last time I got that one it turned out to be a melon.
I also stocked up on Captain Bob?s Frenzy Super Max. The Discus want to thank Captain Bob, It's there Favorite dry food.     

I also got a new plant. I think it's Alternanthera Reineckii. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If it is It the leaves should turn red under the right conditions. 

I'm really liking the new led light. The plants are popping, the lilly has a few lilly pads. and the crypt and swords are exploding!   
Scott

b125killer

I almost forgot we got two new Betta fish. I don't have pics of them yet.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on September 13, 2015, 07:15:44 PM
I almost forgot we got two new Betta fish. I don't have pics of them yet.

The green ones?...I was tempted too....they were nice.. |^|
Jon

b125killer

There cream and blue crown tail. I almost got the black crown tail.

Scott

PaulineMi

Impressive Scott. And your planted tank looks awesome!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks Pauline, The planted tank is always a work in progress. Some plants do great others are hard to grow and some I just kill off. I'm real good at killing sword plants.   
Scott

wiggs

Bob, was the swap in Madison, the corie one? if so it goes 3 days. Fri,Sat, & Sunday. you would of had time to be there at least 1 day.  Jon and I might go, but just to look not to sell.
Jan

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on September 13, 2015, 08:17:07 PM
There cream and blue crown tail. I almost got the black crown tail.

Awesome Bettas Scott.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: wiggs on September 14, 2015, 05:48:59 AM
Bob, was the swap in Madison, the corie one? if so it goes 3 days. Fri,Sat, & Sunday. you would of had time to be there at least 1 day.  Jon and I might go, but just to look not to sell.

Yup, it's a three day event.