• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 742
Total: 743

T's Wednesday

Started by Mugwump, June 28, 2017, 05:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morning everyone......coffee's great here....very good..... |^|

..a cool muggy morn'n in the upper 50's....headed for upper 80's and thorms......I guess the recent perfect weather is gone now....it was nice while it lasted.. ;)

..just putz'n and chill'n for us.....might catch up on my reading some more.... |^|

...need more coffee tho.......brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. The coffee is indeed great. We are in store for another beautiful day like we had yesterday. I will be out most of the day to take care of some long awaiting business.  |^| |^| |^|

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...about pot #2 time here.....getting darker and cloudy.....Hmmmm...back to bed?......naw....but I can see a morn'n nap happening when the thorms move in ..... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good morning All!....at 9:45 it's only 94 out....Wow...! I was on the deck a little while ago with Lucy and reading the paper...one by one three different guys came by and came on up to sit and chat...most of it was about preparations for our fundraising Spring Fling event in late Feb...

...now I've had my smoothie and am ready to face the day....got some bills to pay and checks to deposit....washing clothes and some serious reading...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..sounds like a plan... |^|.........we're still just chill'n....the first round of thorms just passed through over the last few hours.....a nice soaker, and it was needed... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

We haven't had the monsoons yet....it'll be our first season with them....interested in what that will be like...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Tony44

Good morning all rain was a soaker started at about 10 30 here  worked till noon then had enough came home and going ten toes up getting ready for weekend  coffee was great also had one on way home and it hit the spot
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 28, 2017, 12:32:24 PM
We haven't had the monsoons yet....it'll be our first season with them....interested in what that will be like...

...clear skies....them whoosh.....wet......
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on June 28, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
Good morning all rain was a soaker started at about 10 30 here  worked till noon then had enough came home and going ten toes up getting ready for weekend  coffee was great also had one on way home and it hit the spot

.....more coming your way.....it's starting up here again.....
Jon

Tony44

Yea might have a day off tommorw to
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Wonderful day!!!!  Pentair has been very good to me!  We have rain coming in but it will be normal rain, nothing like we had last week.

Tomorrow I take 12 large and 12 medium fish to the LFS.  The wholesaler didn't need anything.  Their business all but dried up due to the storm in the gulf last week.  Everyone on the coast was spooked about possible flooding.  Nobody was buying fish. 

Then I have an appointment at the vet for Chloe.  She has an abscess on her foot that I thought would resolve on it's own but hasn't.  I'm sure they're going to want to keep her and knock her out to fix it.  I hope they can do it with me holding her head for them.  I know it will hurt but Chloe is as tough as nails and she will be good as long as I'm there.  If I leave her they won't like her.  Without me she will revert to her evil self and put the fear of God in anyone who messes with her.  Her jaws are to weak and under-bite too extreme for her to even hurt, let alone break skin, but people don't know that when she tells them to leave her alone with her teeth.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Tony44

Nothing worse than leaving your dog at the vet for a over night. But when you pick them up you are reminded how much they like who they share there time with
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

..poor chloe......can't the mildly sedate her and freeze it for removal?....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It will require a scalpel bade and some digging around to find the foreign body.  I'm pretty sure that I will have to leave her.  I will make sure that they know that she doesn't trust easily.  She needs " beware of dog" shaved on to her side.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 28, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
It will require a scalpel bade and some digging around to find the foreign body.  I'm pretty sure that I will have to leave her.  I will make sure that they know that she doesn't trust easily.  She needs " beware of dog" shaved on to her side.

Hoping all goes well for Chloe.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.