• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 03:15:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Plat spawn...

Started by Mugwump, December 09, 2015, 05:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 09, 2015, 05:47:42 PM
Nice spawn there, Willie.... |^|

Thanks. That male is guarding very diligently too. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Are your's pearl or het pearl Willie.
Looking for some that might NOT  carry pearl,albino or possible het albino. 

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on December 09, 2015, 06:22:54 PM
Are your's pearl or het pearl Willie.
Looking for some that might NOT  carry pearl,albino or possible het albino.

Sorry Greg. These guys carry it all.  huh
Willie

wsantia1

I decided to let them keep these. This is way too many eggs for me to try to hand raise and the female was really being very attentive to them. She was constantly fanning while the male was on lookout. mim

There is nothing else in the tank with them and I left the light on. The male is also a proven parent raiser. If they do something to the eggs I'll pull the next one. ::)

I'd like to keep a small tank open in case the Blue Marbles spawn. I plan to pull those and I can't see myself hand rearing two spawns especially when one spawn is a big as that plat spawn. They have a least 500 eggs. huh |^| |^| |^|
Willie

ghonk

I WANT  albino or het albino. 
Are both parents pearls?

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on December 10, 2015, 12:33:54 AM
Are both parents pearls?

I guess I misunderstood you. The male is het PS and Albino.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 10, 2015, 06:00:34 AM
Quote from: ghonk on December 10, 2015, 12:33:54 AM
Are both parents pearls?

I guess I misunderstood you. The male is het PS and Albino.

yup, pretty much the same here....and I'm betting that the 'pearl' is hindering many albinos from surviving .... 2c2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It looks like all the eggs made it overnight. Just a couple of whities. This is the first time eggs have made it this long with this female. I think it's because of the male's experience. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 10, 2015, 06:45:15 AM
It looks like all the eggs made it overnight. Just a couple of whities. This is the first time eggs have made it this long with this female. I think it's because of the male's experience. |^| |^| |^|

I'd think so too...........plus he won't have the egg appetite the other male had.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 10, 2015, 07:02:37 AM

I'd think so too...........plus he won't have the egg appetite the other male had.... ;D

There's a few more whities than I thought. I hope they take care of them soon. I have a plant with some broad leaves that they can move the eggs to if necessary.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 10, 2015, 07:20:53 AM

There's a few more whities than I thought. I hope they take care of them soon. I have a plant with some broad leaves that they can move the eggs to if necessary.

That's good, but they aren't wigglers yet....?right?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 10, 2015, 07:49:31 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 10, 2015, 07:20:53 AM

That's good, but they aren't wigglers yet....?right?

No wigglers yet. Tomorrow maybe.
Willie

ghonk

Sorry Willie i should have worded it different,is the female pearl of KNOWN  het pearl.

Jon's pair are pearl and het pearl,so all the non pearls will be het,something i'm trying to avoid IF POSSIBLE.
Looking for the easiest  way to non pearl albinos.

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on December 10, 2015, 08:48:41 AM
Sorry Willie i should have worded it different,is the female pearl of KNOWN  het pearl.

Jon's pair are pearl and het pearl,so all the non pearls will be het,something i'm trying to avoid IF POSSIBLE.
Looking for the easiest  way to non pearl albinos.

From what I know the female is a Platinum Pearlscale with no Albino in her background. My male is a Platinum that is het for Pearlscale and Albino.

All of the offspring from this pair will either be Pearlscale or het for Pearlscale. Some will also be het for Albino.
Willie

ghonk