• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 06:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

Dantum Albino Gene Location

Started by ghonk, December 03, 2015, 07:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 07, 2015, 02:41:01 PM
I checked online a few days ago about the trademark,only thing i found was were it looks like the trademark was DENIED  ,and than he didn't contest it within 6 month so it isn't valid.
At least that's what i made of it.

If that's the case,and it isn't trade marked,and he CAN'T get it trademarked.
You  can BET he sure  as hell is still going to claim it is on his site,and still threaten legal action like he did with me in an email.

You can say anything,show me the PROOF.
Hey David,i just trademarked Pinoy and Philippine Blue,if you don't stop selling them as that i will have my attorney  handle  it  to recover damages.

LOLOLOL...good one.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

I ran into it about his trademark:

DANTUM
Goods and Services    (ABANDONED) IC 031. US 001 046. G & S: Aquarium fish. FIRST USE: 20130830. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20130830
Standard Characters Claimed    
Mark Drawing Code    (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number    86373578
Filing Date    August 21, 2014
Current Basis    1 Original Filing Basis    1A
Date Amended to Current Register    December 19, 2014
Owner    (APPLICANT) Labell, David INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 13453 SW 42nd St. Davie FLORIDA 33330
Attorney of Record    Neely M. Peden, Esq.
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    SUPPLEMENTAL
Live/Dead Indicator    DEAD
Abandonment Date    July 13, 2015

David did not post about this today but he has in the past and said he has his lawyer checking into it.

ghonk

I told him he should take up the project of actually CULLING  some of the fish he sells.
I think his motto is i never saw  a fish i would't sell,judging by the HORRIBLE  finnage on many of the fish pictures he has on his site,facebook and aquabid.

I also asked him  when he is going to stop his false advertising,listing the dantums as scalare X ALTUM even though he has absolutely no proof that they are.     

LizStreithorst

David ::)  I figured out that he was full of shit when I met him at NADA.  He does like to sue and threaten to sue.  I refer to him as Mr. Big Britches.  He's so much more important than mere mortals like us.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

Don't know if this will be readable.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Sounds to me that it was denied because dantum is a generic term.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 07, 2015, 05:49:47 PM
Sounds to me that it was denied because dantum is a generic term.

He just never intended to follow through I'll bet.... huh
Jon

ghonk

He was given 6 month to appeal it,or whatever term was used.Which he didn't seem to do,the time limit was up a few months ago.

So it now looks like the trademark is dead,maybe he didn't respond because he know it wouldn't do any good.
All    info is   online,but opens in pdf,so i didn't know how to post it.   

GeorgeG

Greg is right and I read the whole thing a few months ago and it was denied because of the generic term and there is nothing to appeal about. As you can see he has no Trademark but I think he just wants to scare people off by saying he does. I even asked for proof if I was wrong but he never produced anything. That was what he was trying to do on Facebook when I posted all the trademark information for everyone to see. He was telling everyone he was going after a guy on Craigslist for using the name. After I posted it on Facebook he told everyone he needed to check with his Lawyer because he said he never saw any paperwork on being denied. I bet he also can't show proof today of a TM

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on December 07, 2015, 06:41:08 PM
Greg is right and I read the whole thing a few months ago and it was denied because of the generic term and there is nothing to appeal about. As you can see he has no Trademark but I think he just wants to scare people off by saying he does. I even asked for proof if I was wrong but he never produced anything. That was what he was trying to do on Facebook when I posted all the trademark information for everyone to see. He was telling everyone he was going after a guy on Craigslist for using the name. After I posted it on Facebook he told everyone he needed to check with his Lawyer because he said he never saw any paperwork on being denied. I bet he also can't show proof today of a TM

Amen.....after it was denied, he just let it go instead of following up on it......it was all a ruse...
Jon

GeorgeG

There was really nothing to follow up on since the TM office said he could not TM a generic name but I am sure he is still telling people he has the TM to that fish to scare them. A lot of people may not know how to use the TM database to search out the name and why I posted it on Facebook and he got ripped for it there.

GeorgeG

As Baskington on Aquabid how many times she has been sued for using the word Dantum in her ads. 0

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on December 07, 2015, 07:07:04 PM
As Baskington on Aquabid how many times she has been sued for using the word Dantum in her ads. 0

I believe that they partner'd up somehow.... huh....not sure to what extent....she gets her boxes from David...
Jon

ghonk

That was my craigslist ad that was discussed on the angelfish breeders facebook page,he also contacted me through craigslist threatening legal action if i continued selling them as dantums.

The guy that posted pics of the   junk that David sold him ended up buying 12  from me and loves them.
David also lied about paypal siding with him in the claim for a full refund,close to $300.
The buyer posted proof that paypal refunded his cash.