• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 589
Total: 590

Dantum Albino Gene Location

Started by ghonk, December 03, 2015, 07:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not.
The only difference is the albino dantum is double dose albino,the REGULAR dantum isn't.
The regular (non albino) being het albino.Like it says on Davids site.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 04, 2015, 10:29:06 AM
The only difference is the albino dantum is double dose albino,the REGULAR dantum isn't.

If he is pairing 'het' Albinos.....25% will be Albinos, 50% will be 'het', and 25% will be silver.....with that volume of shipping, he can't be just breeding Albino Dantum's.....even so, Albino Dantum's don't breed true....right?....you got silvers and 'hets' ?

All I'm saying is they're not the same thing.....they aren't..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on December 04, 2015, 10:38:54 AM

If he is pairing 'het' Albinos.....25% will be Albinos, 50% will be 'het', and 25% will be silver.....with that volume of shipping, he can't be just breeding Albino Dantum's.....even so, Albino Dantum's don't breed true....right?....you got silvers and 'hets' ?

Danziger could have his pairs set up (Albino X Het Albino) so all of the non albinos would be het albino.

I ONLY get albinos from my pair,no non albinos.   

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 04, 2015, 10:55:13 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 04, 2015, 10:38:54 AM

Danziger could have his pairs set up (Albino X Het Albino) so all of the non albinos would be het albino.

I ONLY get albinos from my pair,no non albinos.

below you said....

""You asked if i got silvers from my albino dantums,yes all silvers,albino silvers. :)
I only have the one pair,and haven't done any crosses,so i can't say if they have any hidden genes of not.""

..so some of those could be 'hets'.... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

I get 100% Albino Silvers,AKA Silver Albinos,nothing else.

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

This is the lone fry from the cross,clearly non an albino.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 07, 2015, 10:32:07 AM
This is the lone fry from the cross,clearly non an albino.

one of the parents had to be 'het'....
Jon

ghonk

Nope,not from what the breeder said.Albino Dantum X Albino Silver.
He posted pics of both parents at TAF.
Thats why i started   the thread in the first place,that the albino gene in the dantum is possibly  in a different location. 

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 07, 2015, 11:54:25 AM
Nope,not from what the breeder said.Albino Dantum X Albino Silver.
He posted pics of both parents at TAF.
Thats why i started   the thread in the first place,that the albino gene in the dantum is possibly  in a different location.

One parent is not an albino....imho....no mystery at all....unless there's a better pic somewhere??..

Jon

ghonk

If it's not an albino what would it be,you can see the stripes on it and they don't  look dark.
The breeder also has other albinos,so i'm guessing he knows how to spot one.
He also says it's an albino dantum,so i assume that's what he bought it as.

ghonk

Contrast and brightness adjusted.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 07, 2015, 01:31:24 PM
Contrast and brightness adjusted.

Myself, I still don't see albino there....my guess?....he got a 'het' 'dantum'.....but..David's still making the $$$'s for whatever he brings in....wonder if he ever really did get that copyright finally ?....
Jon

ghonk

I checked online a few days ago about the trademark,only thing i found was were it looks like the trademark was DENIED  ,and than he didn't contest it within 6 month so it isn't valid.
At least that's what i made of it.

If that's the case,and it isn't trade marked,and he CAN'T get it trademarked.
You  can BET he sure  as hell is still going to claim it is on his site,and still threaten legal action like he did with me in an email.

You can say anything,show me the PROOF.
Hey David,i just trademarked Pinoy and Philippine Blue,if you don't stop selling them as that i will have my attorney  handle  it  to recover damages.