• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

Taking The Leap

Started by PaulineMi, April 12, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on April 23, 2015, 08:31:27 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2015, 08:16:36 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on April 23, 2015, 08:11:50 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 22, 2015, 06:31:39 PM
Sorry they ate the eggs again. Just give them more time. They will get it together.

Thanks Willie. They will show me what they're capable of these next couple of go arounds. Noticing that they're a tad skittish I moved the slate to the opposite end of the tank, put a fake plant in the center of the tank and put one of Barb's cones where the slate was. I'm trusting they'll feel more secure with this set up. Today I will do a big water change now that I've gotten the TDS down for them. After this they're on their own.  ;D

The ones I have did very well in an isolated corner of the house. Mine are very skittish too. I may set them up again once I get my Kois going good. ;D ;D ;D

Scott moved his as well....

The tank they're in is pretty much out of the way, dimly lit and covered on three sides. It was bare except for the slate and sponge filter. Since they had been in a tank with driftwood and plants I added the "extras" last night hoping to make them a bit more comfortable.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

PaulineMi

We were gone all day. Just got home and discovered a slate full of eggs...again. They sure are prolific. Now to see if they have this raising a family thing figured out yet.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 28, 2015, 05:53:25 PM
We were gone all day. Just got home and discovered a slate full of eggs...again. They sure are prolific. Now to see if they have this raising a family thing figured out yet.

Cool.....sooner or later, they'll get it.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good luck again Pauline. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks again Willie, Liz and Jon.

PaulineMi

.....they get one more chance