• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 04:24:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 574
Total: 574

Taking The Leap

Started by PaulineMi, April 12, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Thanks Jon.  That's how I remembered doing the last spawn a few years ago. But my memory isn't what it used to be.  ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

PaulineMi

Mom and Dad are still guarding and fanning the eggs.  They sure look beautiful displaying their spawning finest.  Erect fins and deep colors. Wow!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 22, 2015, 08:44:20 AM
Mom and Dad are still guarding and fanning the eggs.  They sure look beautiful displaying their spawning finest.  Erect fins and deep colors. Wow!

..the darker stripes are amazing....love it...even the eyes change..locked in the mood..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Great job Pauline.  You know you're doing a good job making them happy when they reward you with a spawn.   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on April 22, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

..the darker stripes are amazing....love it...even the eyes change..locked in the mood..

Yes...redder eyes are apparent. Wish I could just sit and observe them but don't want to disturb them
at this point.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 22, 2015, 08:59:44 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 22, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

Yes...redder eyes are apparent. Wish I could just sit and observe them but don't want to disturb them
at this point.

got a tripod for your camera?.....set it up with a vid feed, or just make a nice vid to watch later......??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Pauline it sounds like everything is going right for you with this spawn. Great job. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Sooooo...they get two more chances.  Yep...they ate the eggs again.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 22, 2015, 03:57:33 PM
Sooooo...they get two more chances.  Yep...they ate the eggs again.

Well that stinks.... :'(
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sorry.  Give them more time.  You might want to try caging the eggs. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 22, 2015, 04:13:40 PM
Sorry.  Give them more time.  You might want to try caging the eggs.

That's a thought. I'll keep it in mind....

wsantia1

Sorry they ate the eggs again. Just give them more time. They will get it together.
Willie

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 22, 2015, 06:31:39 PM
Sorry they ate the eggs again. Just give them more time. They will get it together.

Thanks Willie. They will show me what they're capable of these next couple of go arounds. Noticing that they're a tad skittish I moved the slate to the opposite end of the tank, put a fake plant in the center of the tank and put one of Barb's cones where the slate was. I'm trusting they'll feel more secure with this set up. Today I will do a big water change now that I've gotten the TDS down for them. After this they're on their own.  ;D

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 23, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

Thanks Willie. They will show me what they're capable of these next couple of go arounds. Noticing that they're a tad skittish I moved the slate to the opposite end of the tank, put a fake plant in the center of the tank and put one of Barb's cones where the slate was. I'm trusting they'll feel more secure with this set up. Today I will do a big water change now that I've gotten the TDS down for them. After this they're on their own.  ;D

The ones I have did very well in an isolated corner of the house. Mine are very skittish too. I may set them up again once I get my Kois going good. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2015, 08:16:36 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on April 23, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

The ones I have did very well in an isolated corner of the house. Mine are very skittish too. I may set them up again once I get my Kois going good. ;D ;D ;D

Scott moved his as well....
Jon