• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 12:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 619
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 615
Total: 615

Taking The Leap

Started by PaulineMi, April 12, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

The honeymoon suite is set up and the Sta Isabel/Rio Negro pair is in the tank.  Her tube is down....he's still thinking about it. ;D

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

It's about time, Pauline.  Fingers crossed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2015, 03:01:29 PM

I dug back through forum posts and my photos to see when I last raised an angel spawn.  It was three years ago. I may kick myself for doing this but what the hey.... ;D ;D ;D  They will have to be parent raisers though. I believe they come from parent raisers and I think they are F2s....right Jon?

They look a little rough due to sharing a tank with Peruvian cross angels who also have spawned in the same tank. Lots of bickering and quibbling goes on....
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 12, 2015, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2015, 03:01:29 PM

I dug back through forum posts and my photos to see when I last raised an angel spawn.  It was three years ago. I may kick myself for doing this but what the hey.... ;D ;D ;D  They will have to be parent raisers though. I believe they come from parent raisers and I think they are F2s....right Jon?

They look a little rough due to sharing a tank with Peruvian cross angels who also have spawned in the same tank. Lots of bickering and quibbling goes on....

Good luck !!....Yep, the raising instinct should be strong with those two..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good luck Pauline. That is a fine looking pair. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Best of luck Pauline.  I can see those two regal Angels herding a group of youngsters around already.....  it will be a fantastic display.

Dennis

b125killer

Good luck with them Pauline, the pair I got will parent raise. It took more then a few spawns for them figure it out.   
Scott

PaulineMi

Thanks all. They were cleaning the slate last night...we'll see what today brings.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 13, 2015, 05:43:24 AM
Thanks all. They were cleaning the slate last night...we'll see what today brings.

More storms coming through today, they're here now, so they'll spawn now, or by later today... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

And so it begins.... (Took the picture quickly, cutting off the top of the slate, so as not to overly disturb them)

Mugwump

..."most excellent"...... 8)
Jon

wsantia1

That's great Pauline congrats.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...and nice golden eggs too !!!!!.....BOOMBA  8)
Jon

PaulineMi

Day two....as of this morning they're still fanning the eggs. 

Do you leave a night light on for them?  I did last night.....

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 14, 2015, 08:45:07 AM
Day two....as of this morning they're still fanning the eggs. 

Do you leave a night light on for them?  I did last night.....

I do.....it does help ....they won't spook when it go's on/off.....later on, after free swim, a room light will work ok....
Jon