• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 589
Total: 590

PB Marble vines....

Started by Mugwump, November 22, 2014, 07:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

More are up now, with many more to go.... ;D..the 'ball' has flattened out...they should all be up by later today for sure. I did give them a little 'poof' with the baster this am to get em started tho.. ;D
They've been enjoying that group grope long enough.. ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Looks like about 3/4 are up now...there are still a bunch balled in the lower right corner that the vid doesn't catch...there are more fry at the top too. than the vid shows..the darker fry don't pic up well at all.....I feel like a kid again watching the fry emerge....he he...neat little things... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

All those little fry full of potential.....that is so neat.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I get this big grin every time I watch them.... ;D  waiting to see what this pair will produce, phenotype wise, will drive me nuts......
Jon

LizStreithorst

I want to know in a big way, too :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on November 26, 2014, 03:51:34 PM
I get this big grin every time I watch them.... ;D  waiting to see what this pair will produce, phenotype wise, will drive me buts......

Drive you "buts"....?   8)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 26, 2014, 04:25:53 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 26, 2014, 03:51:34 PM
I get this big grin every time I watch them.... ;D  waiting to see what this pair will produce, phenotype wise, will drive me buts......

Drive you "buts"....?   8)

surely an excited typo..??? ???
Jon

LizStreithorst

I figured out that you weren't talking about fish butts ;D  I'm excited about them too, although I just want blue marbles with zebra or without.  I want to know what you find in the others so I'll have a clue of what might be hiding in mine.  At what size can you be sure what their phenotype?  I know that it often takes a good while before I see the PS gene express. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 26, 2014, 05:34:23 PM
I figured out that you weren't talking about fish butts ;D  I'm excited about them too, although I just want blue marbles with zebra or without.  I want to know what you find in the others so I'll have a clue of what might be hiding in mine.  At what size can you be sure what their phenotype?  I know that it often takes a good while before I see the PS gene express.

by dime/nickel, I should have somewhat of an idea....by quarter for sure....there isn't much blue but the headlights early, then the marbles might get a light tan look before exploding in blue...it's the marble markings that I'll be interested in.....my Plat marbles had a gm gene, I'm hoping these do too....the blue should be better....if the zebra gene pops up, I believe it will on a few, then they blue should be even better.....a marble gene would be great too....so markings and coloring will be the clues...

I've been tinkering with calculator for possibilities, or should I say wishful thinking... ;D ;D ;D
....I'll be plenty satisfied with whatever...because of sibling crosses, or crosses to a PB smokey, PB leopard, or Pinoy clown....oh the possibilities... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll have the PS gene if you want it, you know ;)  Can you show me some of the things the genetics calculator says from your wishful thinking?  I can read a little Greek, but it helps to have the English translation :-[ 

I'll pretty much be working with my batch by the seat of my pants.  I know it's not the way a knowable person would do it, but it has worked for me with both show goats and HB PS Angels.  I try my best to learn more but my way has worked for me so far:-\

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 26, 2014, 06:10:08 PM
I'll have the PS gene if you want it, you know ;)  Can you show me some of the things the genetics calculator says from your wishful thinking?  I can read a little Greek, but it helps to have the English translation :-[ 

I'll pretty much be working with my batch by the seat of my pants.  I know it's not the way a knowable person would do it, but it has worked for me with both show goats and HB PS Angels.  I try my best to learn more but my way has worked for me so far:-\

Maybe something like this???

M/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - Blue Marble
M/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - V/+ - Marble Paraiba Veil

6.25%   Gm/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - V/+ - Koi Paraiba Veil
6.25%   Gm/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - V/+ - Blue Gold Marble(dd) Veil
12.5%   M/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - V/+ - Blue Marble Veil
6.25%   M/M - S/Z - pb/pb - Blue Marble(dd)
6.25%   Gm/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - Blue Gold Marble(dd)
6.25%   Gm/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - Koi Paraiba
6.25%   M/M - S/Z - pb/pb - V/+ - Blue Marble(dd) Veil
12.5%   M/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - Blue Marble
12.5%   M/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - Marble Paraiba
12.5%   M/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - V/+ - Marble Paraiba Veil
6.25%   M/M - S/S - pb/pb - Marble(dd) Paraiba
6.25%   M/M - S/S - pb/pb - V/+ - Marble(dd) Paraiba Veil
Jon

PaulineMi

Just for the record I have to have veils, no kois, ideally a blue marble, a marble paraiba and a surprise one.   8)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 26, 2014, 08:06:53 PM
Just for the record I have to have veils, no kois, ideally a blue marble, a marble paraiba and a surprise one.   8)

Just for the record...where it says 'Koi' disregard....it's a Blue marble pariaba ;-)
and....that above was just a guess...I really don't have a concrete idea of what the parents carry....
so stay tuned,,, ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm worse than Pauline.  I don't want anything that appears to have gold in it.  GM is gold marble, right?  GM is in my M/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - Blue Marble  and M/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - V/+ - Marble Paraiba Veil's!

Why do the M/M - S/Z's and  M/M - S/S - pb/pb have to be dd?  That seem a bit unfair :)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 26, 2014, 08:46:09 PM
I'm worse than Pauline.  I don't want anything that appears to have gold in it.  GM is gold marble, right?  GM is in my M/Gm - S/Z - pb/pb - Blue Marble  and M/Gm - S/S - pb/pb - V/+ - Marble Paraiba Veil's!

Why do the M/M - S/Z's and  M/M - S/S - pb/pb have to be dd?  That seem a bit unfair :)

Well folks, the pair is, what it is....there will likely be either a gold, or Gm gene involved, the gene has a marble for marbling and a gold with it for blue enhancement...If I don't see any 'Plats', then no separate gold. The difference between the Gm/Gm and M/M should be apparent visually by blue expression and the quality/quantity of the marble barring....the M/M marbles being darker, and the Gm/Gm marbles being bluer???....
Hence when the fry are discernible in markings, color etc...It should be more apparent of what the parents truly have, gene wise.  As far as 'custom' picks of the lot....LOL...good luck.....the laws of genetics fall where they may......what if there's no Gm in them at all???.....
Jon