• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 765
Total: 766

Sunday's coffee....

Started by Mugwump, July 05, 2015, 06:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The coffee's so good this morning...MMMmmm.......Heidi had a bad night with the fireworks going off all over...she doesn't like thunderstorms either...as she's gotten older, loud noises set her off whining and making little bark/moan sounds.....poor girl....and it drives us nuts....

Mosquitoes are terrible up here this year......all the rain has produced a bumper crop of them...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 05, 2015, 06:32:03 AM
The coffee's so good this morning...MMMmmm.......Heidi had a bad night with the fireworks going off all over...she doesn't like thunderstorms either...as she's gotten older, loud noises set her off whining and making little bark/moan sounds.....poor girl....and it drives us nuts....

Mosquitoes are terrible up here this year......all the rain has produced a bumper crop of them...

My coffee was pretty good here too. Up most of the night with Kobe and the fireworks too. Like Heidi he seems to be bothered by them more now than when he was younger. He's only 5 so he will probably get worse. ::)

W/C's on tap today, along with picking out some Koi and Snots for delivery to the LFS tomorrow. I should be able to clear up some wall space to begin to set up a couple of more 55s today. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 05, 2015, 07:12:50 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 05, 2015, 06:32:03 AM

My coffee was pretty good here too. Up most of the night with Kobe and the fireworks too. Like Heidi he seems to be bothered by them more now than when he was younger. He's only 5 so he will probably get worse. ::)

W/C's on tap today, along with picking out some Koi and Snots for delivery to the LFS tomorrow. I should be able to clear up some wall space to begin to set up a couple of more 55s today. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.....very nice... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's going to be a great day here. W/C's for all. Then going to meet up with a good friend. Now I need to find the motivation to get up.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on July 05, 2015, 09:11:06 AM
It's going to be a great day here. W/C's for all. Then going to meet up with a good friend. Now I need to find the motivation to get up.

...get up yet?.....
Jon

b125killer

I got up and fed the fish. Still being lazy. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on July 05, 2015, 10:49:17 AM
I got up and fed the fish. Still being lazy.

..it's that kind of day.....yuppers 8)
Jon

Ron Sower

We had out daughter's dog last night and she was totally afraid of the boom-booms going off all around us until 1 in the morning. She was under the bed. Before we went to bed we couldn't get her out to pee and this morning at 4:30 she was restless to go. Miss Lucy took her, and from then on our sleep was fitful. I hate to do this, but later this morning I'm going to let daughter know, politely, that we won't be dong this again. All the dog does when not hiding, is pace and her nails click on our hard floors all the time.

I guess I'm getting set in my ways, especially when we already have Murphy who is the perfect dog for us. He's so laid back, he's still in yesterday!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 05, 2015, 12:15:26 PM
We had out daughter's dog last night and she was totally afraid of the boom-booms going off all around us until 1 in the morning. She was under the bed. Before we went to bed we couldn't get her out to pee and this morning at 4:30 she was restless to go. Miss Lucy took her, and from then on our sleep was fitful. I hate to do this, but later this morning I'm going to let daughter know, politely, that we won't be dong this again. All the dog does when not hiding, is pace and her nails click on our hard floors all the time.

I guess I'm getting set in my ways, especially when we already have Murphy who is the perfect dog for us. He's so laid back, he's still in yesterday!

Sounds like a smaller dog??.....they can be nutso when anything happens....poor thing..
Jon

Ron Sower

Nah...Old Murf is the small Shitzu, calm as a placid lake. Shell-shocked Nikki is about a 40LB birddog of some kind.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 05, 2015, 12:26:53 PM
Nah...Old Murf is the small Shitzu, calm as a placid lake. Shell-shocked Nikki is about a 40LB birddog of some kind.

Many years ago, we raised a golden retriever pup.....we would smack a tin pie pan next to his food whenever we fed him......it got him used to the loud sudden noises of hunting......didn't take long before he wasn't even phased by it....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 05, 2015, 12:15:26 PM

Shoot, the dog was in a strange place and uncomfortable in a different situation and then all this boom boom shit started.  She thought that the end of the world was nigh.  Give the poor dog a break.  What she needed was a bit of love and protection.  She couldn't go to you for it because she felt that you were annoyed with her.  You should think about it from the little dog's point of view.

My Alpha bitch, the one I had to have put to sleep, taught my other dogs to be afraid of the boom boom.  She was raised by people who fought Pitt Bulls so I don't guess she had a loving upbringing.  My Rat Terrier is also scared to death.  Before I took her in she was a vacant lot dog and had to live out in the bad weather.  She's a very independent dog but she comes to me for comfort during boom booms.  My 7 others like to be close to me but they don't freak.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Liz, please don't get me wrong.  I did not mistreat the poor dog. In fact several times my wife AND I picked her up and brought her to sit between us on the sofa while we watched the idiot screen, petting her the whole time. I even gave her tons of ear rubs to help mask the sounds.  Earlier in the afternoon while Lucy was gone I had the Jimmy Buffet music station on up louder than normal so it would drown out the boom-booms. She got the love and protection from me.

I love the dog. She's been over here a lot. My issue is with the daughter. She went off to play through the day and Lucy kinda just says okay we'll take her. At least she did have someone to care about her.

Maybe I was just cranky this morning! Back hurting again and restless night.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron