• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 775
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 775
Total: 775

A house full of kids

Started by LizStreithorst, July 02, 2015, 05:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The neighbor, his wife and kids drove down to pick up the rest of the fire wood.  We got it all loaded on his truck and the kids wanted to see the fish.  Damn, those kids have good taste!  They wanted some Discus :o  Then they wanted some Angels.  Of course they wanted the big pairs ::)  I gave them 4 small unturned HBs to take home.  They have a 55 with some tetras.

They were all over my dogs who aren't used to visitors, let alone a mad herd of children.  Of course, the dog that interested them the most was my mean Lhasa Apso who likes nobody but me.  Thank God that when she bites her teeth are so undershot and jaws so week that she can do no harm.  She never did try to bite but she sure had her teeth bared.  The dog is a hoot.

When they left I told the step mother that I enjoyed it.  I did!  She took it with the appropriate grain of salt.  Joking, she said I could have them again soon.  I made the sign of the cross with my arms in front of my face an one might do to keep vampires away and said, "No, no, no, no.  Once in a blue moon is enough."

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Kids are a hoot  ;D.......it's amazing to just watch them in a fish room....eyes big and round as they venture from tank to tank.....gotta love it....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I must tell ya'all this.  I'm sure that this is due to daddy and mama who are the parents of my other neighbors, and step grand parents to 3 wild kids.  They have adopted me because  I guess they think I'm good.  I'm allowed to ask favors which i  I needed two big strong guys, no rush...I got two big strong guys within a matter or hours.  I don't forget a kindness.  I have this land and a nice house.  I don't want to leave it to anyone in my family because they're all in  other countries and have money. They'll just sell it.  I'll leave it to my main neighbors and they can keep it in the family where it belongs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 02, 2015, 06:08:29 PM
Kids are a hoot  ;D.......it's amazing to just watch them in a fish room....eyes big and round as they venture from tank to tank.....gotta love it....

The look of amazement on my 2 year old granddaughter was priceless. Got to watch her tho as she wants to climb on everything down there.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

First thing my grandkids want to do is grab the mag. glass cleaner and do all the tanks. Love it when the come by. I always find something for them to do in the fish room

Mugwump

A couple years back, one of our G'sons wrote 'grandpa' with a crayon on all the tanks..... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson