• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:04:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 877
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 868
Total: 869

This was nice

Started by LizStreithorst, June 29, 2015, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It never would have happened when I worked in Hattiesburg.  One of my customers just called.  They went to dinner in Ellisville the other night and wondered why The Beast was outside my shop so late.  Then the wife drove by this morning and the beast was still there.  They were concerned.  They thought that I might be in there dead.  The wife called me on my cell to check on me.  I told her that Charlotte had to be towed to the fix it man, and when he got done with her, I gave him the Beast for minor stuff.  Now, until I can ask a favor of a neighbor to drive me in, at least one of them will be outside my shop.  I asked one neighbor but told her that I didn't want her to make a special trip.  My ace in the hole is the guy and his wife who ran over my little poodle.  I groomed their huge dog for a 6 pack when if I even did huge dogs any more, I'd have charged $150.  I don't feel that they owe me a favor, but I'm sure that they think they do.  I'll get both my vehicles home if I have to get up early before the heat and walk the 12 miles.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2015, 05:54:23 PM
It never would have happened when I worked in Hattiesburg.  One of my customers just called.  They went to dinner in Ellisville the other night and wondered why The Beast was outside my shop so late.  Then the wife drove by this morning and the beast was still there.  They were concerned.  They thought that I might be in there dead.  The wife called me on my cell to check on me.  I told her that Charlotte had to be towed to the fix it man, and when he got done with her, I gave him the Beast for minor stuff.  Now, until I can ask a favor of a neighbor to drive me in, at least one of them will be outside my shop.  I asked one neighbor but told her that I didn't want her to make a special trip.  My ace in the hole is the guy and his wife who ran over my little poodle.  I groomed their huge dog for a 6 pack when if I even did huge dogs any more, I'd have charged $150.  I don't feel that they owe me a favor, but I'm sure that they think they do.  I'll get both my vehicles home if I have to get up early before the heat and walk the 12 miles.

How did you get home?......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

?  Both are working.  I always have one to drive.  The problem is getting both of them home.  When I'm in Ellisville I have my choice of 2 vehicles.  When I'm at home one is home with me and one is in front of the shop.

Or maybe you're asking how they both got into Ellisville.  Charlotte had to be towed in because her clutch fluid was pouring out as fast as I poured it in.  For a long while I depended on The Beast.  Charlotte needed many things and took a long time.

BillT

QuoteI'll get both my vehicles home if I have to get up early before the heat and walk the 12 miles.

A 12 mile bicycle ride would be more fun.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2015, 06:13:15 PM
?  Both are working.  I always have one to drive.  The problem is getting both of them home.  When I'm in Ellisville I have my choice of 2 vehicles.  When I'm at home one is home with me and one is in front of the shop.

Or maybe you're asking how they both got into Ellisville.  Charlotte had to be towed in because her clutch fluid was pouring out as fast as I poured it in.  For a long while I depended on The Beast.  Charlotte needed many things and took a long time.

...have that nice mechanic drive the other home for you...get him a sixer and a ride back... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I still owe Chip for fixing the back door on The Beast.  I guess after fixing him, Chip was tired of baby sitting him parked  and parked him in front of my shop.  I went to pay him but his wife who does the bills was sick and he didn't know how much.  He takes good care of me.  He thinks that I'm cool and lets me drop by after hours to enjoy a few beer when I'm in a sociable mood..  I don't want to ask him for a favor. I called the lady whose husband ran over my Poodle :-[  She's out of town but maybe Thursday of Friday.