• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 773
Total: 774

Club meeting

Started by BallAquatics, June 27, 2015, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

We had a fantastic CAFE meeting last night.  Joe Ferdenzi from the Greater City Aquarium Society in NY was the speaker.  Very entertaining talk.  Like most speakers, Joe brought some fish for the club auction.

He had some very nice lake Tanganyika cichlids, but the fish that caught my attention were his Endlers.  Now get this, Joe has been keeping this line of Endler's since 1992 and obtained them from the late Dominic Isla, who was well known in the American Livebearer Association. Mr. Isla obtained this line directly from Dr. Klaus Kallman, which the records show is the person who helped distribute Endler's original stock to the hobby. Joe has never introduced any other lines to his now 20 year old stock. The collection point is 'Laguna de Los Patos'. According to their lineage, they are pure Endler's from the original collection of Professor Endler.

Also picked up a bag of wild caught Devario maetangensis from my buddy Bob.  These fish are simply stunning.  Here's a photo of a group of wild caught fish at an exporter in Thailand.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Congrat's.....you hit the jackpot  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

Stunning they are indeed.  How about a pic of the endlers?
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 27, 2015, 12:23:27 PM

Thanks Liz.  Once I get them settled in I'll get some photos.  They are nice young fish.  I'm looking forward to building a colony and spreading the joy.....

Dennis

Rjb3

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 27, 2015, 12:51:14 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 27, 2015, 12:23:27 PM

Thanks Liz.  Once I get them settled in I'll get some photos.  They are nice young fish.  I'm looking forward to building a colony and spreading the joy.....

Dennis

Add my name to the Endler list, please.

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

Very nice Dennis.  Looking forward to more photos.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline.

Dennis