• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 03:09:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 395
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 343
Total: 343

Saturday thormy coffee

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2016, 05:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....wonderful coffee....MMMmmm....very, very good... |^| 

....Morn'n routine in progress, we'll be taking off later and driving down to see the puppies.....we will make our final pick ....we're really excited....did I say that we're really, really excited?....LOL....can't wait to see them all again....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pics/flicks later....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2.....rumbling out there...storms are knocking on our door......need more coffee.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..like a cow pee'n on a flat rock.....it's pouring....
Jon

wsantia1

Back from the park and starting my second cup. It's beautiful outside right now but we are going up to 89 later on. We are expecting that midwest rain along with a cold front to hit us tomorrow afternoon. That will make high temps in the low 80s for the rest of the week. I love it. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Putzing in the fishroom this morning with my focus to clean out a troublesome 55 of that PITA brown algae. Looks like a job for my diatom.  huh

Cleaned out one of my 40 breeders of all Angels and now all it has are a pod of 8 to 9 green cories along with a few albino cories. Hopefully I can get something going with these. mim mim mim

I also have the four LF L144s that Jon sent me in that 40B. I think I will I move them into a 20 high that I emptied out. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 20, 2016, 06:53:22 AM
Back from the park and starting my second cup. It's beautiful outside right now but we are going up to 89 later on. We are expecting that midwest rain along with a cold front to hit us tomorrow afternoon. That will make high temps in the low 80s for the rest of the week. I love it. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Putzing in the fishroom this morning with my focus to clean out a troublesome 55 of that PITA brown algae. Looks like a job for my diatom.  huh

Cleaned out one of my 40 breeders of all Angels and now all it has are a pod of 8 to 9 green cories along with a few albino cories. Hopefully I can get something going with these. mim mim mim

I also have the four LF L144s that Jon sent me in that 40B. I think I will I move them into a 20 high that I emptied out. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I should sent you a bunch of the red foot print ramshorn snails....they devour any algae...don't multiply fast..they'll actually start to die off after the algae is gone....wonderful little creatures.....and nice looking too....

I put em in a tank with hair algae and they stripped it in less than a week...LOL....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 20, 2016, 07:01:56 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 20, 2016, 06:53:22 AM

I should sent you a bunch of the red foot print ramshorn snails....they devour any algae...don't multiply fast..they'll actually start to die off after the algae is gone....wonderful little creatures.....and nice looking too....

I put em in a tank with hair algae and they stripped it in less than a week...LOL....

I saw those and I'll take some. They look great. Let me know how much for postage. Hair algae is a big problem here. They are a bitch to get off of my sponges. My fault since I overfeed. huh

Willie

Ron Sower

Morning guys!..coffee definitely was wonderful!

...still sorting and packing...Lucy's had a couple meltdowns...this will be the first time for her living out of WA and away from her daughter and granddaughter...
I know the emotions exactly from when I moved out here from VA...I'd lived no more than 7 miles direct from the hospital location at which I was born except for college... left kids, and long-time friends and the ex behind...she'll get through it...

I'm pretty excited about the move myself. I think it's funny when we tell someone where we're moving and they scrunch up their noses and say that it's hot down there... yep! I did hear about that....but it's rainy and grey here for 9-10 months at a time here!..and I'm tired of that s--t!!! They don't have much to say about it after that.  I also think about how the whiners are now complaining about the 90 degree weather we're having at the moment and the different tune they played a few months ago as the winter weather kept hanging around!!

A friend is coming over this morning to get the last bit of furniture we've sold. I bought a 16' trailer and we're going to rent a 12' to take all our stuff and finish sorting and tossing down there. The couple that encouraged us to look at places down there in Caliente Casa Del Sol have been here for months to take care of their son as he was getting treatments for cancer. They'll be heading south about the same time so they're going to pull the 12' trailer for us...friends are a good thing!!!

Well, gotta get going and take a bed and 2 tables apart!  I'll keep checking in!

Hope all are doing well!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 20, 2016, 11:18:32 AM

...still sorting and packing...Lucy's had a couple meltdowns...this will be the first time for her living out of WA and away from her daughter and granddaughter...
I know the emotions exactly from when I moved out here from VA...I'd lived no more than 7 miles direct from the hospital location at which I was born except for college... left kids, and long-time friends and the ex behind...she'll get through it...

I'm pretty excited about the move myself. I think it's funny when we tell someone where we're moving and they scrunch up their noses and say that it's hot down there... yep! I did hear about that....but it's rainy and grey here for 9-10 months at a time here!..and I'm tired of that s--t!!! They don't have much to say about it after that.  I also think about how the whiners are now complaining about the 90 degree weather we're having at the moment and the different tune they played a few months ago as the winter weather kept hanging around!!

A friend is coming over this morning to get the last bit of furniture we've sold. I bought a 16' trailer and we're going to rent a 12' to take all our stuff and finish sorting and tossing down there. The couple that encouraged us to look at places down there in Caliente Casa Del Sol have been here for months to take care of their son as he was getting treatments for cancer. They'll be heading south about the same time so they're going to pull the 12' trailer for us...friends are a good thing!!!

Well, gotta get going and take a bed and 2 tables apart!  I'll keep checking in!

Hope all are doing well!

Make sure you have a safe trip Ron. I will be looking forward to your updates. Also, I agree about the whiners. lol  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 20, 2016, 11:18:32 AM

Hope all are doing well!

...Any move can be pretty different for a bit.....then things settle in....the kids will find ya...not to worry... |^|

..keep the updates coming and have a safe move.....pics of progress help too.. ;D |^| ;D
Jon

Mugwump

..rain...sun...rain/storms...little sun....rain/wind/storms.....repeat..... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon