• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 594
Total: 594

GBR spawn...

Started by Mugwump, March 01, 2013, 06:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

That's part of my problem. I have two breeding pair in a 30 gallon. If I don't see there spawn they will eat them up. I'm thinking of setting up two 10 gallons with a black sand. Then I can tell the eggs from the sand. Also I could let them try and parent raise. I have heard both ways with the blue rams. some say they will parent raise some say they won't. has anyone here ever try and let them parent raise?
Scott

b125killer

Thing's didn't go to well for the rams tank. I lost the wigglers. I'm not to sure what happened. I do know that the parents where guarding the tumbler for a few days. This morning when I checked on them all the wigglers but one was gone and the one that was left is dead. Also the other male in the tank got  beat up real bad. I'm not to sure he'll make it. I put him in a 2.5 gallon tank for know to see what happens. he's still swimming right but not eating. I wounder if I should of pulled the eggs out and put them in a 2.5 when they hatched.
Scott

Mugwump

That's too bad....interesting experiment tho
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson