• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 523
Total: 524

Saturdays coffee...

Started by Mugwump, January 24, 2015, 06:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Coffee's great...storm coming in later, not so great......doesn't look like much snow, but if the predicted winds come with it, it'll get pretty nasty fast......makes swap attendance 'iffy' sometimes...seen it be better, and seen it be worse.....we'll see....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 24, 2015, 06:18:14 AM
.....Coffee's great...storm coming in later, not so great......doesn't look like much snow, but if the predicted winds come with it, it'll get pretty nasty fast......makes swap attendance 'iffy' sometimes...seen it be better, and seen it be worse.....we'll see....

I recall how bad this swap was last year at this time. :o   There were a hell of a lot of cars on what was a snow encased parking lot. ::)  it was my last Illinois swap.

I also recall how Jan gave me your last brownie that day. ;D I did not buy any fish that day, just supplies and food from Captain Bob. ;D I think attendance will be just fine.  And coffee is great today.........
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 24, 2015, 06:45:09 AM

I recall how bad this swap was last year at this time. :o   There were a hell of a lot of cars on what was a snow encased parking lot. ::)  it was my last Illinois swap.

I also recall how Jan gave me your last brownie that day. ;D I did not buy any fish that day, just supplies and food from Captain Bob. ;D I think attendance will be just fine.  And coffee is great today.........

I think that you're correct there about last year......and it was awfully cold, plus the hotel staff hadn't cleaned all the walks off yet.....Bob looked like Sgt Preston trying to pull his cart down the back walk.....and did not look pleased either... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 24, 2015, 07:02:09 AM

I think that you're correct there about last year......and it was awfully cold, plus the hotel staff hadn't cleaned all the walks off yet.....Bob looked like Sgt Preston trying to pull his cart down the back walk.....and did not look pleased either... ;D

My car still bears a couple of scratches from rubbing up against that snow in that parking lot. ::) Snow removal was nonexistent. :o
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 24, 2015, 07:06:49 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 24, 2015, 07:02:09 AM

My car still bears a couple of scratches from rubbing up against that snow in that parking lot. ::) Snow removal was nonexistent. :o

I'll bet it does....at least they mopped the tile entryways...(somewhat)
Jon

PaulineMi

Willie is the storm front they're talking about heading your way?  Or has any of it hit you already
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 24, 2015, 07:44:29 AM
Willie is the storm front they're talking about heading your way?  Or has any of it hit you already

It is a non event here.  Mostly rain and light at that. ;D  To the northwest closer to where your son lives there is some snow and ice. :o The Pocono's is getting all snow. 8)
Willie

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 24, 2015, 07:51:40 AM

It is a non event here.  Mostly rain and light at that. ;D  To the northwest closer to where your son lives there is some snow and ice. :o The Pocono's is getting all snow. 8)

My son sent me pictures of the snow.  Lol.  After living in California for 20+ years snow is like a new event for him. He did complain about getting plowed in though.  ;D That kind of thing will remind him of his Michigan roots.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 24, 2015, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 24, 2015, 07:51:40 AM

My son sent me pictures of the snow.  Lol.  After living in California for 20+ years snow is like a new event for him. He did complain about getting plowed in though.  ;D That kind of thing will remind him of his Michigan roots.

Ah, being plowed in is baptism into his new home climate..... ;D....I can hear the language now.....LOL
Jon