• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 02:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 617
Total: 617

Discus fry 2.0

Started by b125killer, April 27, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 22, 2014, 07:47:33 PM
The orange color ones are Stendker  fire red. the blue ones are Stendker dark angel. There is also a stendker blue snakeskin. and I have a few that are a snakeskin cross. I'm not to sure what it was crossed with. but they are turning a solid light brown. There more colorful then this pic shows. They get very excited when they see me coming. They know me and the baster have food.

Baster?.......aren't they eating 'teenie greenie' yet?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

They eat anything I put in there. Including my arm hair. I give them blood worms and beef heart out of the baster. They know that good things come from the baster.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 22, 2014, 08:00:19 PM
They eat anything I put in there. Including my arm hair. I give them blood worms and beef heart out of the baster. They know that good things come from the baster.

What !!!!...no 'pinkie' feed'n....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

They don't seem to care too much for the pinkie. Not like Ed's fry, They'll take it off if your not careful. :o
Scott

b125killer

I learned I few more things about discus today. 1 there faster than they look. 2 they can jump out of the water pretty high when properly motivated. That being said I got the discus moved to the 72 gallon tank. I need to get a bigger net for them too. I didn't realize how how much bigger they where. Almost to big for there net.
Scott

Mugwump

They should grow even more now after the move....how many tanks now? ;D
Jon

b125killer

I have 8 running and three on 3 on stand by. The number goes up and down depending on what I need.
Scott

PaulineMi

Quote from: b125killer on July 20, 2014, 09:18:12 PM
I learned I few more things about discus today. 1 there faster than they look. 2 they can jump out of the water pretty high when properly motivated. That being said I got the discus moved to the 72 gallon tank. I need to get a bigger net for them too. I didn't realize how how much bigger they where. Almost to big for there net.

Their jumping skills surprised me too!  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

They are growing in leaps now. There getting some nice color too. The turk and scorpions are coloring up also.  I could almost watch them grow. On then down side I culled two of them. They weren't growing right. Half the size as the others And looked a little sickly, they would stay by them self and hardly eat. Where the others might strip flesh from bone at feeding time.  I could of tryed putting them in a qt tank. But from past experience I found it's best  to just put them down. Maybe they got too stressed after the last move?
Scott

Mugwump

A wise move, Scott....
Jon