• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

Discus fry 2.0

Started by b125killer, April 27, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Quote from: b125killer on May 07, 2014, 08:57:17 AM
I'm getting them fed three times a day and doing water changes twice a day. There growing like weeds and starting to see a little color.  ;D

Good for you Scott.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

The Discus are doing great and getting bigger. I want to move them to a bigger tank. They range from the size of a silver dollars to a quarter and there's 8 in a ten gallon. I have a few options at the moment I could move them into a 20h or a 40 breeder.  Right now I'm thinking the 40. If I put them in the 20 I'll just have to move them into the 40 in a few weeks. I'm hoping I can put them in the 40 and they can grow/stay there until the 72 is ready for them. Or is that going to be too big for them to find food. I don't want to make it hard for them to get there food.
Scott

Mugwump

The 40 should do fine, my choice too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

How many in all, 8?  They should have been moved into a larger tank by now.  A 20 or 30 long would be perfect.  They'd feel a bit lost in a 40.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Yes there are 8. I was thinking that they should of been moved. Just wasn't to sure. I could put them in a 20 long. I don't have a 30l but I do have a 29 high. They seem to grow a lot faster than the angels. That's why I was thinking of the 40. Is the 72 going to be big enough for them?
Scott

LizStreithorst

Move them to the 20 long now, when they out grow it move them to the 29.  The 72 will be fine for them when they get too big for the 29.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Sair called me today asking for plecos. So guess what I got a 4 more discus and he got 20 plecos. There is another guy in town that breeds plecos also. He sold over 400 plecos to all the pet stores. So I have been stuck with the plecos and needed there tank space for the next generation. I think I'm done breeding the standard Bn's for a little bit. I still have the breeding pairs so I can start whenever I want. I'm going to concentrate on the long fins and once the l144 get bigger I'll breed them too. Now I'm going to put the discus in a 40 breeder. Theres 12 of them all together.  Once they get bigger I'll sell off a few. I don't want to over crowd the 72 that there going to end up in. I also don't want to get another big tank.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 17, 2014, 04:56:47 PM
Sair called me today asking for plecos. So guess what I got a 4 more discus and he got 20 plecos. There is another guy in town that breeds plecos also. He sold over 400 plecos to all the pet stores. So I have been stuck with the plecos and needed there tank space for the next generation. I think I'm done breeding the standard Bn's for a little bit. I still have the breeding pairs so I can start whenever I want. I'm going to concentrate on the long fins and once the l144 get bigger I'll breed them too. Now I'm going to put the discus in a 40 breeder. Theres 12 of them all together.  Once they get bigger I'll sell off a few. I don't want to over crowd the 72 that there going to end up in. I also don't want to get another big tank.

good plan...........Sair's a character...watch yourself...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I could almost swear you can watch the discus grow. They seem happy to be in there new tank. There double the size of there siblings at Sair's. He has them crowded in a small tank. Probably why he sells them small. He doesn't have much grow out room. He had a family emergency and had to go to California last week so his fish haven't had a water change in a week.
Scott

b125killer

There getting big and colorful. So far I'm happy with how there growing. This time I'm doing much better at raising them. There going to be ready for the 72 gallon in no time.
There feasting happily on blood worms.

Scott

wsantia1

They are looking real good Scott. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..good work, Scott.....grow em big.........sell em back to Sair for big $$$$$'s.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Jon

b125killer

Thanks Guys, It's hard to get there colors to pop in the pictures. There fast and get excited when they see me. I have one still that I'm not sure what he's going to look like. he has almost a light brown color at times. all I know it was a cross with a blue snake skin. not sure what it was crossed with.
Scott

PaulineMi

Discus colors and their names..... :o :o :o ??? ???   Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

The orange color ones are Stendker  fire red. the blue ones are Stendker dark angel. There is also a stendker blue snakeskin. and I have a few that are a snakeskin cross. I'm not to sure what it was crossed with. but they are turning a solid light brown. There more colorful then this pic shows. They get very excited when they see me coming. They know me and the baster have food.   
Scott