• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 07:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 42
Total: 43

BLOND GINGA SULPHUREUS GUPPIES

Started by ghonk, July 27, 2014, 11:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

BLOND GINGA SULPHUREUS BREEDER GROUP

2 adult females and 6 older juvies (4 females and 2 male that are starting to color up)Adults from Alan Bias.
Only $12 for the group,pick up in Evergreen Park IL.
USPS Priority shipping is $12,live guarantee on 3 day delivery.Styro lined box and oxygen,PM for the details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMwGN18-oug&feature=youtu.be

Mugwump

Sounds like some nice ones, and a good deal too.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

These little darln's will be here tomorrow, I believe....their new home is all ready for them  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

rcbows

Any pics? I have some I just received from a friend and was wondering if they are the same variety!

Ron
Ron Bows

Mugwump

They're too fast for my camera...LOL...but Greg got this pic....banded rather than striped is appealing to the eye.... ;D

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php?topic=3762.msg31505#new
Jon

rcbows

Here is a better picture reduced in size so you can see the fish!
Ron Bows

ghonk

I got them from Alan Bias,who developed the strain.They come in BLOND & GRAY (body colors) Jon's are Blonds.My original  breeders were   Blonds,1 orange male and 1 purple body mutation male.

They are Ginga (SULPHUREUS),another strain is the Ginga RUBRA,which Alan used in a crosss to his Vienna Swordtails to develop the SULPHUREUS.

Heres a link to Alan's site about them.

http://swordtailguppies.blogspot.com/2012/08/ginga-sulphureus-evolution-of-new.html

Mugwump

Thanks Greg, good pic,  we have em in a semi planted 20 long, with floating guppy grass, and duck weed...since arriving, they have settled in well, and the colors are really popping .....I've been feeding Capt'n Bob's egg foo yung, micro worms, Bob's 'teenie greenie' mini pellets....and a squirt of bbs every once in a while....LOL....they're spoiled and lov'n it....looks like some fry here soon too....
Jon

rcbows

Here is the best picture I can get of mine. I got them from a prominent breeder here in Florida!

Ron Bows

Mugwump

..nice Ron....they never stop moving, do they ?....LOL  ;D
Jon

rcbows

Nope, can you tell if they are Blond or Gray variety?
Ron Bows

ghonk

BODY colors are either BLOND OR GRAY,your's LOOK like Blonds from the pic but it's hard to tell.
The Blonds BODY will be a GOLD/TAN color,Grays will be Gray,thats why they call them that. :)

The Markings will be either PB (purple body mutation) or non PB,which i THINK can very in color.
The LOWER male from my pic is the PB one,you can see the purple in him rather then the orange color like in the other one.

rcbows

Ron Bows