• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 528
Total: 530

Surgery On My Laptop

Started by wsantia1, January 07, 2016, 07:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I have assembled all of the necessary parts to replace the bottom case on my laptop. If surgery is successful it should last several more years for what I use it for. If not I'll still be able to do something with it (Mutimedia, launch a rocket ship, paperweight, etc). mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 07, 2016, 07:50:40 AM
I have assembled all of the necessary parts to replace the bottom case on my laptop. If surgery is successful it should last several more years for what I use it for. If not I'll still be able to do something with it (Mutimedia, launch a rocket ship, paperweight, etc). mim

...door stop... |^|

...good luck..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 07, 2016, 08:08:15 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 07, 2016, 07:50:40 AM

...door stop... |^|

...good luck..

Well disassembly is complete, now to put it back together on the new bottom cover and hopefully it still works. huh
Willie

BillT

Good luck!
These things are always interesting.

wsantia1

Yes they are. It looks like the laptop was more beat up than I thought. A lot of the fastener housings were cracked so when I opened her up I had a lot plastic pieces falling all over the floor.

Unfortunate for me the broken pieces were from both the upper and lower part of the case.

I did get a new lower case for the laptop but the place where I got it from is out of stock on upper/palmrest portion of the case.

Ebay has used ones for about 10 bucks plus shipping. I may have to do that. huh I am not ready to raise the.. wfwf
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 07, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
Yes they are. It looks like the laptop was more beat up than I thought. A lot of the fastener housings were cracked so when I opened her up I had a lot plastic pieces falling all over the floor.

Unfortunate for me the broken pieces were from both the upper and lower part of the case.

I did get a new lower case for the laptop but the place where I got it from is out of stock on upper/palmrest portion of the case.

Ebay has used ones for about 10 bucks plus shipping. I may have to do that. huh I am not ready to raise the.. wfwf

Charge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

How about using packing tape or something like that to hold the top and bottom in place?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on January 07, 2016, 05:06:44 PM
How about using packing tape or something like that to hold the top and bottom in place?

Hey hey !!!...no packing tape...sheesh...this is a job for 'Duct tape'.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 07, 2016, 05:34:12 PM
Quote from: BillT on January 07, 2016, 05:06:44 PM

Hey hey !!!...no packing tape...sheesh...this is a job for 'Duct tape'.... |^|

Tape won't work unless I want to keep the top (screen) open all of the time and I don't want to do that. Besides I've already spent the money to buy the bottom part and the top is half the price so I will just order that probably tomorrow. I found it used on ebay and new at another place. It will be fixed by next week . In the meanwhile I'll just use my desktop. |^| |^| |^|
Willie