• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 621
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 608
Total: 609

Win10 updates

Started by Mugwump, December 24, 2015, 06:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...turned the 'puter' on this morn'n and got a big update that took quite awhile....likely more useless junk that I'll never use.. huh

Anyone else experience the update yet?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I went back to Linux and haven't used WinX in some time now.  I found it very concerning that M$ has a "back-door" into computers running WinX and can basically do as they wish, when they wish.  They want to tell you this is for a more secure operating system, but more secure operating systems wouldn't dream of having such a flaw.  Wait until someone finds a way to exploit this "feature".....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 24, 2015, 06:38:18 AM
I went back to Linux and haven't used WinX in some time now.  I found it very concerning that M$ has a "back-door" into computers running WinX and can basically do as they wish, when they wish.  They want to tell you this is for a more secure operating system, but more secure operating systems wouldn't dream of having such a flaw.  Wait until someone finds a way to exploit this "feature".....

Dennis

I know.....I've downloaded an 'iso' of Linux mint to try, I just need to burn it....if all goes well, I'll be joining the Linux community pretty quickly... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I had a big update a few weeks ago. Don't know if it's the same one. That was a PITA as I has to redo all my settings. I have the Linux ISO too. Just waiting for after the holidays to do some tweaking on all my computers.  I also have concerns about MS trying to do that backdoor stuff.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 24, 2015, 07:35:52 AM
I had a big update a few weeks ago. Don't know if it's the same one. That was a PITA as I has to redo all my settings. I have the Linux ISO too. Just waiting for after the holidays to do some tweaking on all my computers.  I also have concerns about MS trying to do that backdoor stuff.  huh

+1....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 24, 2015, 07:23:27 AM
....if all goes well, I'll be joining the Linux community pretty quickly... |^|

There is a slight learning curve, but that's true of anything new.  Six months down the road you'll be wondering why you didn't switch earlier.  LOL   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 24, 2015, 08:01:17 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 24, 2015, 07:23:27 AM
....if all goes well, I'll be joining the Linux community pretty quickly... |^|

There is a slight learning curve, but that's true of anything new.  Six months down the road you'll be wondering why you didn't switch earlier.  LOL   ;)

Dennis

...that's no biggie, Dennis....learning is good for us....yep, I'll let Jan run the disk too...when we get the gist of it, I'll swap my secondary computer over and we'll play with that....work out any issues, and then just convert ours too.... |^|..
Jon