• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 621
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 602
Total: 603

Windows photo viewer

Started by Ron Sower, November 28, 2015, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

As I look for it, I can't find it since I downloaded Win 10.  Do they not offer it any more? Or is it an app I have to go find and download?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 28, 2015, 12:48:00 PM
As I look for it, I can't find it since I downloaded Win 10.  Do they not offer it any more? Or is it an app I have to go find and download?

Go to your pic folder, and dbl clip a pic.....it should be there already....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

You can right click the picture, click open and it will give you the options avaialble to open your picture. Photo viewer is one of the options.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 28, 2015, 04:29:57 PM
You can right click the picture, click open and it will give you the options avaialble to open your picture. Photo viewer is one of the options.

yep, that way too.....dbl left click just open it, or right click and open/select....thanks, Willie....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

That has been the way I've done this in the past, before Windows 10, but now what I get is a drop down window with:
Paint
Photos
Picasa Photo Viewer
Power Media Player
Snapfish
Choose another app    (It's n there either.)

In the ""old"" one I could resize photos from there. Can't do it now.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 30, 2015, 10:44:23 AM

That has been the way I've done this in the past, before Windows 10, but now what I get is a drop down window with:
Paint
Photos
Picasa Photo Viewer
Power Media Player
Snapfish
Choose another app    (It's n there either.)

In the ""old"" one I could resize photos from there. Can't do it now.

Mine open with 'photos'....resizing is a different app now....

I upload to http://www.slickpic.com/ now.....nice site, easy, and you can tinker with them too.....but I  just use the pic link with no issues...
Jon

Ron Sower

I was going to reload Photorazor, but I'll take a quick look at slickpic
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

In the meantime I went to a Microsoft help group and learned that it can be resized in the Paint program! So now let me try it out on you...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

There we go..! got it finally!  Had to reduce it to 20% of my original. I leave my Canon on the high resolution (or whatever you call it) to get the best photos I can of the homes I list. Also for the details in the fish I photograph (still in a very primitive state for me at this time).

So how does it  look to you guys?  Can anyone ID this plant for me?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Looks great, Ron....I may have to try it too....
Jon

wsantia1

Itn looks great but I have no idea what kind of plant it is.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

And one more... for ID!

I went to Picasa and to resize there involved way too many steps for this old boy to remember!  I really just needed some time to sit down and really research where to go to find it in Windows. It was moved, I guess! 

I like the new Photo Gallery for editing my photos for homes now. A little simpler than before. I'll be working with it on my aquatic endeavors as time allows.

Do you, or anyone else here, know if quality is better if you edit photos before resizing or after?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron