• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 06:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 537
Total: 537

Saturday doin's...?

Started by Mugwump, November 02, 2019, 05:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...another weekend arrives ....could be a lazy day, well except for water changes later this morn'n... :)....

whatcha got going on folks ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

At the moment I am trying to get warm. Just turned on the heat for the first time this season. I will be looking through the freezer for for this weekend's dinner in a few.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It was so cold this morning that the puppies stuck their little noses out the door and refused to go outside.  They are so full of play first thing in the morning that I have myself locked in the office where they can't try to eat my shoes and do other destructive activities.  Sun's up now and I'll try to get them outside again so they can burn off some of their energy.

Horse is pissed off at me because now that it's hunting season I've had to lock her in the pasture rather than let her wander at will.  Once my neighbor started putting out corn for the deer in his adjacent pasture she found it and was eating it.  She'd better get over it.  She'll have to be confined until February.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...so far...I have gotten dressed...... huh...stay tuned for more non-pertinent information as my gears slowly ramp up for more active endeavors.... huh

...really dank and gloomy out there now and I have the blahs.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good morning...getting ready to put offer on the house in Apache Junction at 11am....

The inspection yesterday showed up some electrical issues that, if we end up with the house, we'll probably get rectified almost immediately...I'm thankful we have an electrician in here that I had go over the inspection issues with us yesterday afternoon...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..good luck !.....how much bigger is it than your present place?...
Jon

waterboy

Just spent two hours hanging a new shop light over the wife's plants downstairs. Half hour clearing a space to work/ Half  hour hanging the light. $5 minutes to take it back to the store because it didn't work. 15 Minutes to hang the new one.  Nothing ever goes as planned, my 15 minute jobs always turn into two hour ones. And you can forget two hour jobs, they take a couple days. LOL.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 02, 2019, 02:17:16 PM
Just spent two hours hanging a new shop light over the wife's plants downstairs. Half hour clearing a space to work/ Half  hour hanging the light. $5 minutes to take it back to the store because it didn't work. 15 Minutes to hang the new one.  Nothing ever goes as planned, my 15 minute jobs always turn into two hour ones. And you can forget two hour jobs, they take a couple days. LOL.

...LOL...good thing it wasn't a bath tub faucet..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I dread most repairs.  The only ones that go fast are the ones I've done before like replacing a ballast.  Putting a new water pump in my dish washer, and replacing the on/off switch on my clothes dryer involved a lot of stress, learning where to find the model number and part number, and watching youtube videos several times before I get my nerve up to get the job done.

Even plumbing in the fish room takes a long time.  Despite the fact that I've hard plumbed 2 fish rooms I always run into a problem  hadn't taken into consideration.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...ah...a good hot shower and got the loungers on...'Chicago Cubs logos'....Jordan's Bulls T shirt........Chewbaca furry slippers...what a sight....LOL

..now I see that Willie might be into some tunzzz tonight... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

LOL. i stumbled into Buddy Guy and I had to share him with all. One of Chicago's greatest.
Willie

Mugwump

..night all......got company  :)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 02, 2019, 01:55:46 PM
The deed is done...offer in with our contingencies and requests...

We're in a park model with additional room...630SF....New one will be 2300SF!...Similar to our stick-built home we had in Tacoma years back...

Right now we plan to keep 2 rentals and our home here...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 02, 2019, 06:34:59 PM

We're in a park model with additional room...630SF....New one will be 2300SF!...Similar to our stick-built home we had in Tacoma years back...

Best of wishes ti you Ron on the new place.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 02, 2019, 07:20:52 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 02, 2019, 06:34:59 PM

Tanks, Willie!

Best of wishes ti you Ron on the new place.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron