• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:55:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 579
Total: 579

interesting Turq fry....

Started by Mugwump, July 01, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Not good pics, but there's a definite dark line/pattern forming on these...very similar to Frank's young HB's ..(of course ;D)...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

As these grow out they get a lot of guanine patches on them. Very weird phenotype on my end, sometimes you see a defined line and then it goes away. I have a bunch of plain or german type blue blusher types in veil from these as well. On the blue blushers you can see just a fog of half black on the rear of 75% of the fish and on most of them a line or separation in the fog or shadow. I'm treating these black blushers like royalty to get them to pop. I'm not sure if this will take in one generation or not and be like pow half black.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on July 01, 2013, 06:52:44 PM
As these grow out they get a lot of guanine patches on them. Very weird phenotype on my end, sometimes you see a defined line and then it goes away. I have a bunch of plain or german type blue blusher types in veil from these as well. On the blue blushers you can see just a fog of half black on the rear of 75% of the fish and on most of them a line or separation in the fog or shadow. I'm treating these black blushers like royalty to get them to pop. I'm not sure if this will take in one generation or not and be like pow half black.

I think so two, the sibling pair is trying to spawn now too. I'm contemplating taking them, and splitting the pair, one each, to the 'het everything'(HE) veils...I'm moving things around in the morning.... ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

If you have fish with even partial expression such as black tails you get much better results. I think you have mostly partially expressing standards. Did you get any fry from your Partially expressing Hb's (HE's)?

Mugwump

Haven't separated them yet...I've had spawns(110gal)...but no cigar....maybe I'll pull one??
Jon

Frank The Plumber

You should, I think you will like what you see.

Mugwump

I am....I want to pair one of those to the Turq's..... ;D...had to create some space, that's now done....next up, HE veil to HE Turq.....
Jon