• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 07:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

Facebook

Started by LizStreithorst, April 18, 2015, 10:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Why is it that the entire world finds it easy and is on constantly,  while I find it hard to negotiate?  And...it's so intrusive.  It wants to know everything about me.  The more I tell it, the more it wants to know.  The nerve...I wish I could become more comfortable with it but every time I try it, it turns me off more.  Perhaps I need a tutor.  I could ask my neighbor with the Great Pyrenees.  She owes me a favor.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Just don't give it any info....that's all....use it to catch up with folks you know, and then get off... ;D

I find it amusing that I can search for something on Google, such as an air pump, camping tent, whatever....and then open Facebook and find an ad for them in the right hand column....LOL.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I get by without it . . . . . .

wsantia1

I am on it sparingly. Just to keep in touch with old friends occasionally. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I joined with semi-fake ID so I could follow some fish stuff. My semi-fake ID resulted in me receiving birthday wishes on my totally fake birthday. Oops... :o 8)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 19, 2015, 04:04:42 AM
I find it amusing that I can search for something on Google, such as an air pump, camping tent, whatever....and then open Facebook and find an ad for them in the right hand column....

That would be Google's targeted advertising.  It is often very misunderstood with people saying Google is selling the browsing data they have collected.  In reality, the advertisers don't know a thing about your preferences but somewhere in a Google data center a computer targets the correct ads to something you might be interested in.  I see it as a win - win situation as I would prefer to see ads for something I have an interest in rather than something off the wall and the companies doing the advertising stand a better chance of making a sale to an interested buyer.....  in my case AdBlock, blocks all the ads, so I don't see them anyway.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

AdBlock rocks.  You never see them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

My FB page is totally political and uses my pseudonym. It's the name I use on my business cards also. Learned my lesson in 83 when someone looked me up in the Polk city directory came over to the house on a Saturday and wanted me to open the shop up so he could get his order. Haven't used my real last name since. Those that are on my FB friends know who I am and that's all I care about. I just don't post anything personal there and I clear all of my browsing info all the time.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were