• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 391
Total: 391

I'm about tired of this rain

Started by LizStreithorst, April 16, 2015, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's been a week of rain.  Not solid thank God, but every day.  I couldn't do the mountain of laundry last weekend because of rain, but I got some done.  I have a dryer, but it vents into the fish room rather than outside.  I told Boozer that I needed that but it never got done and won't get done until my new carpenter arrives.  The poor fish room already has too much moisture in it. 

They said that the rain would go away by Saturday which would have been fine.  I would be able to hang laundry out.   Now they say that it will rain into Tuesday of next week.  I'll be forced to wash it all (it will be a mountain) and put it all into The Beast and drive to the laundromat to dry it.  The laundromat makes me feel like I'm poor.  I may be poor, but I dislike being reminded of the fact. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I'd buy a piece of dryer flex hose, and a couple clamps....then extend the vent from the laundry room outside on days that you need the dryer.....out the door/window whatever.....they coil it back up to keep it out of your way, til you can get the vent relocated....sure beats driving it all to get it dried at the launder-o-mat...plus saves you gas money and dryer money....those places can be expensive
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I would but I don't have hole bit that will drill such a huge hole.  I'll ask them at my local hardware store.  I knew what I needed to do when I set up the 75 and left enough clearance for the hose.  It will ha to vent to the rear end of the carport that I want to have built.  From there the moist air can go into the environment.  It should work. 

Barb

Well, since "April showers  bring May flowers" just think how  beautiful your yard will be next month!
Barb ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on April 16, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Well, since "April showers  bring May flowers" just think how  beautiful your yard will be next month!
Barb ;D

May flowers?.....crop buds??..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on April 16, 2015, 07:50:14 PM
Quote from: Barb on April 16, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Barb ;D

May flowers?.....crop buds??..... ;D
:P