• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

Wild Mega Clowns L340 Spawn

Started by wsantia1, July 23, 2016, 11:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I got these back in March when I got my wild Altums. They are very secretive and messy but are beauties. I counted about 7 fry. I disturbed their cave about 2 weeks ago while cleaning and I sucked out a bunch of eggs. huh

They grow to about the size of the BNs. I will get video of the youngsters over the next day or two.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Very nicely done.  Congratulations Willie!

Dennis

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

.....bad break on siphoning a few....good luck with the remainder... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 12:44:52 PM

They caught me by surprise. I thought I siphoned all of them until I saw the few while doing water changes this morning.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 12:57:02 PM

They caught me by surprise. I thought I siphoned all of them until I saw the few while doing water changes this morning.

I have a bunch of those little check out counter flashlights that we use daily to check caves......they've saved us many times...who knows how many we missed tho until we see the little snots start climbing the glass....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 01:25:29 PM

I have a bunch of those little check out counter flashlights that we use daily to check caves......they've saved us many times...who knows how many we missed tho until we see the little snots start climbing the glass....LOL

I have those too. It was just that I wasn't looking for anything and was trying to shake debris out of the cave. I shook out the eggs instead. Right into the mouth of the siphon. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 01:36:43 PM

I have those too. It was just that I wasn't looking for anything and was trying to shake debris out of the cave. I shook out the eggs instead. Right into the mouth of the siphon. huh

....AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I can hear you now.....sucks
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 01:44:06 PM

....AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I can hear you now.....sucks

Exactly.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 01:44:06 PM

Yep...that's what siphons do...! huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I feel your pain.  I guess that's one of the reasons why my siphon dumps into a bucket then get pumped away.  I keep too many small fish not to do it that way.

Dennis

wsantia1

I'm usually pretty good at not sucking up fish. With these guys I just didn't expect anything since I had them for a while and nothing. I just thought I was feeding messy fish and snails.

In fact I was planning on breaking down that tank, sterilizing it and setting it back up as a guppy tank. Now I have to rethink this plan.

My local club has a BAP (Breeders Award Program) that I will submit these into. I don't even know what the awards are. lol
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 24, 2016, 06:55:27 AM
My local club has a BAP (Breeders Award Program) that I will submit these into. I don't even know what the awards are. lol

That's how I got my 183's.....  at the CAFE BAP auction after one of the meetings.

Dennis

wsantia1

Had to move the L340 fry out of the 29g as they were dying off. Only was able to catch 6. I think there are a couple of more left.
Willie

BallAquatics

Any idea why they were dying Willie?

Dennis