• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 519
Total: 519

Ok...ok..ok....

Started by Mugwump, April 27, 2016, 07:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....finally going to get the fry separated, and moved.....I'll try and get some pics of them too.... ;D....this should be interesting tho...they are so dang fast...Jan's better at this than I am...angel fry...great, I can pluck em and separate them easily....bn fry...?....AAAaaaahhh....the little snots just torment me....really, it's like they know.....today tho, I feel like I'm ready for the challenge  |^|.......onward.....charge !!!!!!!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2016, 07:58:12 AM
....finally going to get the fry separated, and moved.....I'll try and get some pics of them too.... ;D....this should be interesting tho...they are so dang fast...Jan's better at this than I am...angel fry...great, I can pluck em and separate them easily....bn fry...?....AAAaaaahhh....the little snots just torment me....really, it's like they know.....today tho, I feel like I'm ready for the challenge  |^|.......onward.....charge !!!!!!!!

I agree. Those BN fry are a PITA to catch.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 27, 2016, 08:01:23 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2016, 07:58:12 AM

I agree. Those BN fry are a PITA to catch.

....yup.....that's why they're 'snots'...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I like to move the adults rather than try to catch the fry.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 27, 2016, 08:22:06 AM
I like to move the adults rather than try to catch the fry.  LOL

Dennis

..not an option here.....the caves are set up in with fry grow out tanks....I pull the caves/dad to move to ten gallon tanks for hatching...then pop Dad/cave back when he releases....those fry are easy to get....but when I let Dad raises a batch in the 55 grow out tanks....the fry are everywhere and plus the angel fry.......it's chaos going in there with a net....then remember that if the fry are in another 55 growing out...they are larger, faster, smarter, and more devious.....in other words.... extremely tricky to capture.....sheesh ....anybody can ride em in a stall...LOL....
Jon

Mugwump

...got em all moved....there are bn fry everywhere..... ;D |^| ;D |^| ;D |^|

.....soon we'll have a big sale....LOL
Jon