• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 794
Total: 794

Wigglers

Started by LizStreithorst, February 16, 2015, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Quote from: b125killer on February 16, 2015, 07:26:33 PM
What about people feeding egg yoke to the fry? I'm not sure how it works, I would think that would make one heck of a mess.

The people who artificially raise Discus use use an egg yoke mix smeared on something black.  I know how it's done but doing it that way doesn't appeal to me.  In fact, it turns me off.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Back in the day, hard boiled egg yoke was the thing.  You just dissolve a bit in some tank water and feed it like you would liquifry.  It is super small and highly nutritious, but will quickly foul your water if over fed.

Dennis

BillT

QuoteYou just dissolve a bit in some tank water and feed it like you would liquifry.  It is super small and highly nutritious, but will quickly foul your water if over fed.

I used to use LiquidFry to feed paramecium cultures I grew for baby fish. Works well for culture less than a liter but doesn't scale up well.